Hide
10 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wind Demon card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dave delisle
msg tools
A wind demon attack card has a melee attack with a pull 1, how does this work? ( if the demon is adjacent for melee then how does the pull do anything )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Do wind demons have range on their stat card? If so, it is a ranged attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't make the same mistakes I did... when I first encountered them I missed the fact that they are both flying and ranged! I was wondering why the map was layed out in such a way that the demon had to move through a trap to get to me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave delisle
msg tools
Cards 645, 646 have no range symbol or the word range on them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as the monster has range on its stat card, it always has a ranged attack, unless the ability card states that it's a melee attack, for example by showing an area of effect attack with a grey hex in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
dophus wrote:
Cards 645, 646 have no range symbol or the word range on them

If the monster has range on his stat card, his attacks use his base range.

The only exception is area attacks with a grey hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas A
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heilz wrote:
Don't make the same mistakes I did... when I first encountered them I missed the fact that they are both flying and ranged! I was wondering why the map was layed out in such a way that the demon had to move through a trap to get to me...

omg... we totally missed the fact they were flying also...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Hathaway
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Can anyone point me to where in the rules this is mentioned?

Littered throughout the FAQ it's mentioned that if a particular action is not on the monster action card then it doesnt do that action. I assumed this would include Ranged too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas A
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranged isn't an ability though. Attack would be the ability. Range is one of his characteristics (on the big square card) so it's always on. If he attacks, he'd attack ranged (unless the little card says otherwise - example if there was an area attack with a grey hex indicating melee). But if the little card doesn't say attack, he won't attack at all (ranged or otherwise). Sorry don't have the rulebook with me right now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hath22 wrote:
Hey guys,

Can anyone point me to where in the rules this is mentioned?

Littered throughout the FAQ it's mentioned that if a particular action is not on the monster action card then it doesnt do that action. I assumed this would include Ranged too.

The actions must be listed on the card; however, in the case of ranged attacks/abilities, note

rule book pg. 31 wrote:
Ranged abilities: Any attack or heal which does not specify a range on the monster ability card should use the base range of the monster.

If you look before that statement in the rule book, it explains that monsters only move/attack if it's listed on the ability card. For reference on traits, see pg. 9. For reference on Flying trait on monster, see pg. 19.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.