Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Unlock! Escape Adventures» Forums » General

Subject: Experience with 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe White
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Collector
badge
Collector
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these ok with just 2 players or do they need more to work well?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hornless Unicorn
msg tools
And another 100GG on this
badge
I just spent 100GG on this
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Best with 2. Although some puzzles can be solved in parallel, I feel like they were designed to solve one at a time.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Collector
badge
Collector
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha Peacock
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thesleeper7 wrote:
Best with 2. Although some puzzles can be solved in parallel, I feel like they were designed to solve one at a time.


Completely agree - played this with 2 today and can't imagine playing with more players - as you said, the clues are kinda sequential so more cooks would spoil the broth and all that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The first 2 scenarios can be played fine with 2 players but the last scenario requires breaking up into teams. So for that one I would suggest 4 players minimum.

I'm not sure if Unlock is at best with 2 players though. Your apt to run into more roadblocks (and thus ask the app for hints). With more players, you can solve puzzles more quickly because there's more chance for someone else to brainstorm a solution. However, at the higher player counts, players might not get to see everything in the rush to solve the escape room in under an hour. The puzzle might already be solved so your input wouldn't be needed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Collector
badge
Collector
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
qasic wrote:
The first 2 scenarios can be played fine with 2 players but the last scenario requires breaking up into teams. So for that one I would suggest 4 players minimum.

I'm not sure if Unlock is at best with 2 players though. Your apt to run into more roadblocks (and thus ask the app for hints). With more players, you can solve puzzles more quickly because there's more chance for someone else to brainstorm a solution. However, at the higher player counts, players might not get to see everything in the rush to solve the escape room in under an hour. The puzzle might already be solved so your input wouldn't be needed.


When you say last scenario do you mean a specific one of the 3 retail releases or does each release have multiple scenarios?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bulkoth wrote:
qasic wrote:
The first 2 scenarios can be played fine with 2 players but the last scenario requires breaking up into teams. So for that one I would suggest 4 players minimum.

I'm not sure if Unlock is at best with 2 players though. Your apt to run into more roadblocks (and thus ask the app for hints). With more players, you can solve puzzles more quickly because there's more chance for someone else to brainstorm a solution. However, at the higher player counts, players might not get to see everything in the rush to solve the escape room in under an hour. The puzzle might already be solved so your input wouldn't be needed.


When you say last scenario do you mean a specific one of the 3 retail releases or does each release have multiple scenarios?


I own the European version. In this version, all three scenarios come in 1 box The "The Island of Doctor Goorse" scenario requires 2 or more players.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
qasic wrote:
The first 2 scenarios can be played fine with 2 players but the last scenario requires breaking up into teams. So for that one I would suggest 4 players minimum.


Now that I've played The Island of Doctor Goorse, I'll say it is playable with just 2. You'll just have a single person toughing it out on each side of the island.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.