Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
Check me out on Instagram: @WisdomForWizards
badge
"Behold, a treasure more valuable than gold."
With this releasing on kickstarter the eve of Rising Sun, I'm not surprised it didn't get more buzz. But I am definitely looking into this now!

I like what I see so far, and from the man vs meeple video it seems to be a well built game. It also seems similar to Camel Up, maybe a lot more involved? Especially when you add the god cards in?

Definitely excited to watch this and hopefully convince my wife to let me break our fun money budget to back it.

----------

Also it looks like this and Santorini could be "cousin" games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yeah, the forums here a basically dead. I was surprised that it funded as quickly as it did, given the lack of conversation here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
TIM0THY wrote:
Yeah, the forums here a basically dead. I was surprised that it funded as quickly as it did, given the lack of conversation here.

I watched the small robot game play video and it seems pretty solid as far as playing and teach-ability goes.

Does have a lot of similarities to Camel Up, but the god powers might spice things up a bit as well as the shared tableau.

Speaking of the god-powers, they seem inspired by Cosmic Encounter or even Santorini. I like the idea of them, not sure about only being able to use them once per game, but that's easily house ruled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The shared card-holder are actually the mechanic who got us at Ares really keen to publish this game.

It's a very interesting way to create a draft-like mechanic which we only saw before in Carlo Rossi's own "Hab & Gut" and it worked great to create player interaction, enough information to make the betting system intelligent, while at the same time providing enough control to the players over the outcome of the race.

God powers make the game more varied, interesting and asymmetrical, but we did not want them to override too much the core mechanic, which is very simple and elegant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
cybernex wrote:
God powers make the game more varied, interesting and asymmetrical, but we did not want them to override too much the core mechanic, which is very simple and elegant.

Good to know! I'm definitely interested in this. Most of the people I regularly game with aren't up for anything past Catan weight and I loved Camel Up but wanted something a little more involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan McAnulty
United States
Gallipolis
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having seen the contest and even entered, I was prepared to be excited for it, but I confess that the inclusion of the FSM has soured any desire I might have had to throw money its way. I am a bit flummoxed that the publisher does not understand why such a move might dissuade a good chunk of it's audience from giving more support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The stretch goals for this game have me rethinking my pledge. I am all for adding stuff that won't leave retailer buyers feeling left out but these are just stupid and I would never use them. I honestly am only interested in the game as I wanted to play Hab and Gut but it's not available. This is just overproduced and overpriced for a race/stock game though. I was hoping good stretch goals would make up for it but I think I will end up dropping it and maybe buying it at retail if it gets good reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
space is the place
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I love the added stretch goals. When I showed a buddy the Flying Spaghetti Monster stretch goal, he backed too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tenmaya wrote:
... the Flying Spaghetti Monster stretch goal...

This has me thinking my choice to cancel my pledge was a good one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
bholmes4 wrote:
The stretch goals for this game have me rethinking my pledge. I am all for adding stuff that won't leave retailer buyers feeling left out but these are just stupid and I would never use them. I honestly am only interested in the game as I wanted to play Hab and Gut but it's not available. This is just overproduced and overpriced for a race/stock game though. I was hoping good stretch goals would make up for it but I think I will end up dropping it and maybe buying it at retail if it gets good reviews.

TIM0THY wrote:
tenmaya wrote:

I'm still on the fence on this game. While I agree that the FSM seems a bit odd in the theme of greek mythology, It doesn't dissuade me necessarily. But I also don't really get how the gods work in context of the game.

I do agree above that the Stretch Goals do seem a little frail especially with the addition of Social Media goals which would be better off as stretch goals.

I'll still keep my eye on it and remain undecided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
WisdomForWizards wrote:
bholmes4 wrote:

TIM0THY wrote:
tenmaya wrote:

I'm still on the fence on this game. While I agree that the FSM seems a bit odd in the theme of greek mythology, It doesn't dissuade me necessarily. But I also don't really get how the gods work in context of the game.

I do agree above that the Stretch Goals do seem a little frail especially with the addition of Social Media goals which would be better off as stretch goals.

I'll still keep my eye on it and remain undecided.

The game takes influence from several mythologies, I think people are getting confused wit Zeus being the organiser/prime god in the game. Plus some people seem to dislike the modern old worldy gods compared to what people perceive as genuine ancient gods & creatures.

I quite like the FSM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.