Roll Player» Forums » General

Subject: Reprint or Kickstarter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Demian McLellan
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'd prefer to back the upcomming kickstarter to get a copy of the base game also, but if it is months off and has no exclusives (for the completionist in me) I may be forced to buy the recently released reprint.

Anyone have any input?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demianmclellan wrote:
I'd prefer to back the upcomming kickstarter to get a copy of the base game also, but if it is months off and has no exclusives (for the completionist in me) I may be forced to buy the recently released reprint.

Anyone have any input?

I am impatient, I got the base game already. I doubt the base game will have exclusives in the KS. I also like to explore a base game a bit before I jump into expansions.

Selfishly I vote for you to wait for the KS hoping that the additional $$ you pledge for the base game helps get to stretch goals. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a similar discussion with friends over the weekend, myself and at least one other both want this game, trying to decide to do it now or later, during the KS. Not terribly concerned with exclusives or anything like that, but I am curious about what stretch goals there may be, and cost/price, too, for that matter.

One enterprising seller had this on Amazon for $82 for the longest time, not a price I was willing to pay for this game. But I am a) very interested in the game and b) want to support the designer. Not sure if the best way to do that would be to buy now or wait. On the fence, leaning towards waiting to see what the next campaign looks like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
Have you paid your dues, Jack?
badge
Yes sir, the check is in the mail.
mbmbmbmbmb
demianmclellan wrote:

Anyone have any input?

I HIGHLY recommend getting the base game now and playing the SHblankT out of it in its original form. The expansion changes your focus a bit from character development to character preparation.

As far as being a completionist, I've seen people posting pics and it looks like you should get the Cursed Ring promo card if you order directly from Thunderworks (Keith is on BGG--he should be able to confirm this), as well as being able to get the Frogkin promo for $6. That will get you caught up with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Korfmann
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the designer does any KS exclusives, so you should be OK. The retail version of the base is the same as the KS. There is a promo race available both from the producer as well as the BGG store. There is also one promo card that came out later and has been available in various reviewer new season KSs like the Dice Tower and Man vs Meeple. There will very likely be lots of people selling/trading that promo when those KSs fulfill and it may well end up at the BGG store as well.

I couldn't wait for the KS, so I got one of the 2nd ed ones. I missed the first run by a couple days (in fact, I had one on order, but cancelled it for a cheaper one that ended up not being available). I am really jonesing to play it and am constantly checking the tracking info, hoping it makes it for my game day on Saturday!

Get one now while you can, unless you can talk your buddy into getting it, then you can wait for the bundle, save money, and play his! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I am not planning on the expansion KS having any KS exclusives. Definitely nothing exclusive for the add on base game copies.

I say pick it up now and enjoy it.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danijel Ljubas
Croatia
Osijek
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this game available anywhere in Europe? I searched everywhere I can possibly think of and can't find copy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is just hitting stores in US, Keith said it would be available in Europe. I would keep looking. Seems silly, but it sounded like it went China->US->Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Demian McLellan
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the input. I've purchased and am eagerly awaiting the KS.

Well done Keith, this is an amazing accomplishment, especially for us old-school RPers who spent hours upon hours rolling characters (I spent more time in character creation on some games than I did in the rest of the game... sad but true).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janusz F
msg tools
Is this game available anywhere in Europe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've received reports of people finding it on store shelves in Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danijel Ljubas
Croatia
Osijek
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LongJohn13 wrote:

Try looking at http://www.docsmagic.de/ I found my copy there. I think they still have some left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
danijel2008 wrote:
LongJohn13 wrote:

Try looking at http://www.docsmagic.de/ I found my copy there. I think they still have some left.

Thx for the hint! Ordered !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Mero
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping one of the kickstarter goals is cardboard initiative tokens that you can use to replace the initiative cards. Those initiative cards get moved around a lot and I think cardboard tokens would hold up better over the long haul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea, actually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danijel Ljubas
Croatia
Osijek
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mechaniac wrote:
danijel2008 wrote:
LongJohn13 wrote:

Thx for the hint! Ordered !

No problem. Thanks for the GG tip, really shouldn't have to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Hanraha-Hanrahan
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danijel2008 wrote:
LongJohn13 wrote:

+1.

Thanks to you, I ordered from this site on Saturday and it was delivered to me in Britain 2 days later. Fantastic service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danijel Ljubas
Croatia
Osijek
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fruit Eating Bear wrote:
danijel2008 wrote:
LongJohn13 wrote:

+1.

Thanks to you, I ordered from this site on Saturday and it was delivered to me in Britain 2 days later. Fantastic service.

Yeah. They are insane fast on shipping...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Dennison
United States
Dane
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
I'm hoping one of the kickstarter goals is cardboard initiative tokens that you can use to replace the initiative cards. Those initiative cards get moved around a lot and I think cardboard tokens would hold up better over the long haul.

We put our colored scoring cubes on the initiative cards to mark who took which. It is so much simpler and doesn't wear out the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this is an official play variant in the expansion rulebook. I play this way too now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac S.B.
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Any European-based online retailer that has this in stock? It's sold out everywhere I look.

I hope there are more reprints coming before the KS shipping date. I don't think I can wait until 2018 to play this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a 3rd print run of the base game underway which is almost double the size of the 2nd print run. Expect it by end of June or early July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac S.B.
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
kmatejka wrote:
There is a 3rd print run of the base game underway which is almost double the size of the 2nd print run. Expect it by end of June or early July.

Great to hear that! Looks like the game has been successful, congratulations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope the retails shop where i order gets the 3rd print of this game.
I think the 2nd Print didn´t land on Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Gallardo
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kmatejka wrote:

Will the (printed) German rules be included in this 3rd print run as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.