Subject: Rio Grande/Alea disagreement- why? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conrado del foxe
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
I've heard that the english version of Puerto Rico has not received an update because of an ongoing disagreement between Alea and Rio Grande. How was this caused? It's sad that the fans should not be able to access a version with better art because of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rio Grande/Alea row- why?
I follow these board pretty closely and I hadn't heard of any such disagreement. I think the game is fine as is. Has the version sold in Germany been upgraded? I know various countries, such as Poland have got it upgraded with new art, but have the Alea versions currently released in Germany got an upgrade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Oytoyt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rio Grande selected the captain role before Alea had built a warehouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thuc Nguyen-Pham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hahaha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
I follow these board pretty closely and I hadn't heard of any such disagreement. I think the game is fine as is. Has the version sold in Germany been upgraded? I know various countries, such as Poland have got it upgraded with new art, but have the Alea versions currently released in Germany got an upgrade?

This comes up all the time so you can't follow the boards *that* closely.

This link is the nicest summary of all the conversations along the way

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/17273982#17273982

The only change in the state of affairs since then is Alea/Ravensburger has announced more big box reprints in English (Notre Dame, Year of the Dragon)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.