Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a game group that usually meets about once per month and has 12 - 20 attendees on average.

I have been looking to theme and/or step up some of the game nights by hosting tournaments or special events. Are there currently any publishers that support this type of activity?

I know that some do for game stores (Slugfest: Red Dragon Inn)
http://slugfestgames.com/op/
but will not for non-public events. I am not looking for a hand out and I am willing to pay but I can't seem to find anything.

As an example, the event/tournament package might include special game cards, maps, pieces and such. Prizes or awards. Posters or upgraded pieces, etc...

Seems that this might be a good idea for games to promote at he smaller level and still make some money doing so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bumping for one more shot at it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I maintain an ideas and resource site for boardgame convention directors. The section on publisher support might be useful to you, but I doubt you will get any positive responses. https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/61156/getting-support-gam...

So, prizes and support will have to come from your own group, or from regional gaming support organizations (Games Club of Maryland, in my area).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Eric. I noticed that Slugfest had some nice packages to purchase but then found out that they were not avaialble unless you have a store... Was hoping that with all of the local gaming groups and growing private game parties that maybe there were more options avaialble for Event Play support swag and promo items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.