Kingdom Death: Monster – Flower Knight Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: A warm virus SPOILERS!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harald Brunner
Austria
Steyr
flag msg tools
In the expansion rulebook it states: " The host loses all fighting arts, disorders, abilitiers and impairments. Then, they gain all the Guest's fighting arts, disorders, positive attributes, and weapon proficiency levels (including type)."

So what exactly are attributes? I know movement, strenght, accuracy, luck, and speed are attributes. But what about understanding and courage? In the Glossary they are also described as attributes, but don't have a numerical value. If they are considered attributes, would I trigger the story events again, once triggered? (For example: The guest has 9 understanding, and giving it to the host. Would he immediately trigger, insight and white secret?)
What about HuntXP? They are kind of the same as understanding and courage, but in the glossary aren't described as attributes.

Also are the positive attributes given in addition to the attributes the host already has? (For example: the guest had +4 strenght, and the host has +1 strenght. Would he have +5 strenght or just +4?)

Thanks for the help
Harald

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Warm virus is a way to "resuscitate" a dead character. Basically, read it as "keep the survivor almost as is, but -1 population").

So to answer, no triggering milestone for understanding, you copy the value AND the understanding ability the host had.

For the strength question, it will be 4.

For the sake of brevity, I assume that you don't have any other question about this, so remember that permanent injuries do not carry over and irreplaceable gear is lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are you sure about the +4 str? Because it is not written that the attributes are lost here "The host loses all fighting arts, disorders, abilitiers and impairments. ".
Have you seen an official comment about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I have to check the rules, I was commenting out of memory. It could be that I missed on the attributes part.

When I am home, I will check this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Brunner
Austria
Steyr
flag msg tools
t3clis wrote:
Warm virus is a way to "resuscitate" a dead character. Basically, read it as "keep the survivor almost as is, but -1 population").

So to answer, no triggering milestone for understanding, you copy the value AND the understanding ability the host had.

For the strength question, it will be 4.

For the sake of brevity, I assume that you don't have any other question about this, so remember that permanent injuries do not carry over and irreplaceable gear is lost.

In the rules it also says that the host won't get any abilities or impairments from the guest! So I was wondering. If you have 9 understanding you will lose your ability associated with it, but don't get a new one?

Also what about huntXP. IT doesn't say anything in the rules about it. And in the glossary it's not described as an attribute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We agree that it makes survivor too powerfulll if you stack the attributes, but the RAW is really not clear for me.
If you have an opinion about that i am interested (we are year 24 and about to fight the Watcher).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.