Subject: Time for some farming yall rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean itsasecret
United States
California
flag msg tools
Fields of green

I have never owned Among the Stars, but after playing several times, I have to say I’m sold! Fields of Green is a great little engine builder where there are 4 rounds. At the end of each round certain cards have resource requirements that must be harvested. So to maximize your engine you will need to use varying types of fields, livestock and buildings to try and get the most out of your engine.

I love the drafting. It reminds me of the 7 Wonders and Terraforming Mars drafting. A huge improvement from other drafting games is that you can select what cards you are going to start with. This mitigates luck which is something I’m phenomenally happy about. This means you can start with one or two building cards. These give you Victory points and you know from the start something you can work towards end game on from round one.

The tile placement is great and straightforward. The cards have text descriptions on them so new players are never running back to the rule book to check what everything does. This really helps teach new players like me how to play. I super appreciate the accessibility of this game.

Setup is super easy as well. When putting everything away just separate the cards into their proper decks and place away. Starting the game just pull out everything that should have been organized into their proper decks and deal out everything

The artwork is also phenomenal. I love the art style and I take immense pleasure looking at my farm as I grow it and seeing how pretty it is. Everything connects well and it looks like an actual farm to me. The cute artwork makes the game accessible to my group which are primarily a mix of video gamers and non-gamers. Everyone was able to enjoy Fields of Green from the aesthetic point.

Overall is is a game I definitely have to purchase myself. I highly recommend it to others. It is accessible to new players, but has enough depth to keep some of the more experienced players engaged too. Game scales incredibly well, the play time keeps it short so after game one, it’s time for game two! New players will start to really get their footing here. Artwork is great, the game is streamlined, and it isn’t too in your face or mean which is a huge plus for my group as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.