Signorie» Forums » Variants

Subject: Any chance to get a solitaire variant ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Kik
France
flag msg tools
mb
I really like this game, but do you think a solitaire variant could be viable, with a dummy player who takes lower dice and/or city tiles ? Like the solo variant of German Railroads for example

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Chiarvesio
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kik3i1 wrote:
I really like this game, but do you think a solitaire variant could be viable, with a dummy player who takes lower dice and/or city tiles ? Like the solo variant of German Railroads for example

it would be quite easy:

a) roll 2 dices of each color. 3 cities are open for play (you might want to try it with 2 for a bigger challenge)
b) dummy player goes first on turn 1, then follow initiative on following turns
c) dummy player always takes the lowest available die. In case more than one die with the lowest number is available, the preference order is: red, gray, yellow, purple, blue. He blocks the two Assignments linked to that color (simply flip them).
c1) when dummy takes the red die, performs a free marriage action in the city with the highest tile available to him, always spending 3 Florins (if two or more tiles have the same value, dummy chooses the city with the lowest slot still available, if possible, or randomly). Dummy has unlimited money for marriages (and he does not have other chances to spend it).
c2) when dummy takes the gray die, perorms a free diplomatic action in the city with the highest tile available to him, always as sending the male meeple from the lowest possible square of the corresponding track.
c3) when dummy takes the yellow die, he scores as many points as the value of the die
c4) when dummy takes the purple or blue die, he scores as many culture (initiative track) as the value of the die.
d) dummy ignores Rewards in rounds 1-5 but can score points for culture and competes with you for initiative, can score rewards for rounds 6-7 and is always considered as having the 5 Florins to pay for the 5 VP in rounds 6-7.

It's totally untested, but give it a try and let me know how it works!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Kik
France
flag msg tools
mb
Nice, thanks ! I played it yesterday and applied some changes below :

a) no changes

b) no changes for initiative turn. But the dummy player (DP) starts with one male meeple on first case of the 3 carrier tracks.

c) to determine which action the DP is gonna do, take one die of each color among the remaining dice in a bag and pick one :
- Red action : no changes
- Purple action : no changes
- Yellow action : DP take the highest die to score max points
- Blue action : DP gets 4 movment to the carrier tracks corresponding to the best tile still available for him.
- Grey action : DP performs a diplomatic action (the highest points he can grab) and scores points as normal player. If no male meeple are available on tracks, pick another die and put the grey die back into the bag.
Except for the yellow action, DP takes always the lowest die. If you like, you can also choose the die that will be the most annoying for you in the next round (for example, the die that requires you to pay the most florins for your next potential and predictable action)

d) no changes

That was a nice game, lots of points scored by DP at the first half of the game, but finally I won by 10 points.

Nb : sorry for my english !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tanis wrote:
kik3i1 wrote:

it would be quite easy:

a) roll 2 dices of each color. 3 cities are open for play (you might want to try it with 2 for a bigger challenge)
c) dummy player always takes the lowest available die. In case more than one die with the lowest number is available, the preference order is: red, gray, yellow, purple, blue. He blocks the two Assignments linked to that color (simply flip them).
c1) when dummy takes the red die, performs a free marriage action in the city with the highest tile available to him, always spending 3 Florins (if two or more tiles have the same value, dummy chooses the city with the lowest slot still available, if possible, or randomly). Dummy has unlimited money for marriages (and he does not have other chances to spend it).
c2) when dummy takes the gray die, perorms a free diplomatic action in the city with the highest tile available to him, always as sending the male meeple from the lowest possible square of the corresponding track.
c3) when dummy takes the yellow die, he scores as many points as the value of the die
c4) when dummy takes the purple or blue die, he scores as many culture (initiative track) as the value of the die.
d) dummy ignores Rewards in rounds 1-5 but can score points for culture and competes with you for initiative, can score rewards for rounds 6-7 and is always considered as having the 5 Florins to pay for the 5 VP in rounds 6-7.

Thank you for this! One clarification: I assume the rival scores the Alliance tiles he removes from the board, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tanis wrote:
kik3i1 wrote:

it would be quite easy:

Thanks for this! I assume that the dummy only takes the lowest dice among those colors he hasn't already taken -- is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.