Chris G
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Yet again
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a long time fan of the advance wars series GBA/DS series, I'm wondering if anyone can think of any games that are kind of like it and why they remind you of/are similar to it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
United States
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Heroes of Normandie.

This is a WW2 game for two players that takes a cinematic approach rather than a historically accurate one to the battles fought on the western front. The first time I played it, I thought it felt a lot like Advance Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
endeavor
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well there is Skirmish Wars: Advance Tactics and its update Skirmish Wars: Colonize
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombicide (Black Plague in particular) feels a tiny bit like Fire Emblem to me, and Fire Emblem feels a lot like Advance Wars (given it's the same developer). The map scale of the games differs wildly, of course.

A good assortment of characters that gain levels and power throughout the fight, various weapons and enemies, relatively straight-forward combat rules and math, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.