Subject: White Shinto Bases, meh... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Schaefer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's kind of silly that I'm posting a reaction to the color of a miniature's base, but I can't help it.

I think the game looks very interesting. I liked the video. I found the discomfort of the negotiation and betrayal system, that was plainly visible on the video, a huge selling point. The interaction between the players was a definite plus although I can see how I could be sleeping on the couch after playing with my better half. So, I'm in.

But to my point, I find the white bases totally distracting because I kept thinking that they look ugly on the board. They seem so lack luster and out of place.

Anyone else feel the same way?

At any rate, I'll probably paint them gold or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cody
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WeekendPass wrote:
I think it's kind of silly that I'm posting a reaction to the color of a miniature's base
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just not use them. I think the Shinto models are different enough to distinguish them from regular warriors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Geery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moosemcd wrote:
You could just not use them. I think the Shinto models are different enough to distinguish them from regular warriors.

I could be mistaken but it would also appear that the Shinto populate an area of the the board to interact with Kami, separating them entirely from other clan pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Though it looks like they can be used in either way; to play on the Kami cards or to be added as additional forces in a provincial area. I also still have not quite seen if the Daimyo is different at all in each clan; but it looks like it is immune to some of the effects of battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Marzel
Israel
flag msg tools
WeekendPass wrote:
I think it's kind of silly that I'm posting a reaction to the color of a miniature's base, but I can't help it.

I think the game looks very interesting. I liked the video. I found the discomfort of the negotiation and betrayal system, that was plainly visible on the video, a huge selling point. The interaction between the players was a definite plus although I can see how I could be sleeping on the couch after playing with my better half. So, I'm in.

But to my point, I find the white bases totally distracting because I kept thinking that they look ugly on the board. They seem so lack luster and out of place.

Anyone else feel the same way?

At any rate, I'll probably paint them gold or something.

They have a cool Go style to it, without being gaudy. I like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Marzel
Israel
flag msg tools
yamato2 wrote:
Though it looks like they can be used in either way; to play on the Kami cards or to be added as additional forces in a provincial area. I also still have not quite seen if the Daimyo is different at all in each clan; but it looks like it is immune to some of the effects of battle.

AFAIK the Daimyo lets you harvest in his province even if you don't control it, and doesn't have other powers (unless he gets them from upgrades).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik
Germany
Garching bei M√ľnchen
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JoeNothin wrote:
yamato2 wrote:

AFAIK the Daimyo lets you harvest in his province even if you don't control it, and doesn't have other powers (unless he gets them from upgrades).

If I understood correctly, they are immune to removal effects, like betrayals

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.