Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say, after watching the gameplay video this was my biggest want for the campaign. I'm glad they are stretch goals and not an add-on buy. They'll look way better than the cardboard tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
mbmbmbmbmb
My only complaint is that they should of made the strongholds one stretch goal. I agree, they are a must for the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anything that isn't going to be updated to plastic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
rvrratt wrote:
My only complaint is that they should of made the strongholds one stretch goal. I agree, they are a must for the game!

Eh, it hardly matters. It's not like they won't reach the SG for the turtle strongholds. The fact is, the turtle strongholds are a different sculpt, so there's additional costs. Sure, they maybe could have done it all as one, but it probably would have been a single SG at the value that the turtle ones are at already. In the end, again, it doesn't much matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
mbmbmbmbmb
RMGreen wrote:
rvrratt wrote:

Eh, it hardly matters. It's not like they won't reach the SG for the turtle strongholds. The fact is, the turtle strongholds are a different sculpt, so there's additional costs. Sure, they maybe could have done it all as one, but it probably would have been a single SG at the value that the turtle ones are at already. In the end, again, it doesn't much matter.

True. It just rubbed me wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rvrratt wrote:

The entirety of the stretch goals for the whole campaign are already done. They just set them where they need to be roughly so we unlock everything +/-2 over the whole campaign and then throw in the last couple as freebies at the end even if we don't make it. It's a hype train / marketing campaign, not an actual train of developments being done that we're "unlocking". Maybe 1 or 2 will be things from suggestions near the end but I doubt it. Everything else is already planned. Which isn't a bad thing, I just don't think the complaints about stretch goal pricing are valid when it's obvious we're going to unlock everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PEdorido wrote:

Plastic box confirmed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Porter
msg tools
designer
mb
yogibbear wrote:
rvrratt wrote:

The entirety of the stretch goals for the whole campaign are already done. They just set them where they need to be roughly so we unlock everything +/-2 over the whole campaign and then throw in the last couple as freebies at the end even if we don't make it. It's a hype train / marketing campaign, not an actual train of developments being done that we're "unlocking". Maybe 1 or 2 will be things from suggestions near the end but I doubt it. Everything else is already planned. Which isn't a bad thing, I just don't think the complaints about stretch goal pricing are valid when it's obvious we're going to unlock everything.

This. It's not like they thought it wasn't going to get funded. Stretch goals exist to maximize profit for the campaign.

I'm already pretty happy with everything that's been included. I can't wait to see what else we get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:
I have to say, after watching the gameplay video this was my biggest want for the campaign. I'm glad they are stretch goals and not an add-on buy. They'll look way better than the cardboard tokens.

Agreed. Good addition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
PEdorido wrote:

Plastic box confirmed!

and plastic game board! we can play this baby in the pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this was also #1 on my list of bling wants,......

It looks like just about everything will be upgraded now,....

I'm really hoping that a new clan shows up soon; (I know; it's hard to stay patient through all of this,.... it will come,... just have to wait).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mogwahh
United Kingdom
Worcester
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the board spaces be big enough for all the minis strongholds etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mjmogg wrote:

We need an enlarged board!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Mjmogg wrote:

The update talking about the minis shows that they're stackable. You'll be able to see everyone who has a Stronghold in a space, but the footprint will still be just the size of a single Stronghold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
Mjmogg wrote:

*Fingers Crossed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:

Done! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
ayejae wrote:
Mjmogg wrote:

This is a bling thing I would actually buy. Huge boards are both functional and awesome. Meanwhile, metal coins... 100 5 yen coins costs less than a fiver. Seems like a waste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:
ayejae wrote:

This is a bling thing I would actually buy. Huge boards are both functional and awesome. Meanwhile, metal coins... 100 5 yen coins costs less than a fiver. Seems like a waste.

I noticed the Rising Sun boar dis already bigger than the rather small BR board.

But indeed,a big map is awesome (if it fits your table, that is)! I have the huge map for Mare Nostrum - and it areally adds so much to the immersion to play on it! Only downside is that it's far from cheap, but perhaps CMON can get bulk prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:
ayejae wrote:
Mjmogg wrote:

I'd love to see them follow Scythe's lead. Keep the board as is, but print most of a larger board on the back, then sell an add-on board segment to complete the larger version of the board separately. That way folk could pick the board size that best fits their needs and available table space without a significant cost difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yogibbear wrote:
rvrratt wrote:

It's striking how people don't understand this. Stretch goals as a marketing tool appears to bypass people's critical faculties. For what is normally a fairly rational community, CMON kickstarters create a very weird kind of teenage excitement on BGG.

It's as though a car was split into its constituent parts, and everyone fell over themselves in excitement at each new feature. 'Whoa, they've added windows now!' 'Dude, check it out - only a few more bucks and we'll get a steering wheel!'

The simple fact is, that there is a $100 deluxe edition of a game called Rising Sun on offer, which you pay for a year ahead of delivery.

Actually, this may not quite be accurate. There will almost certainly be an 'add-on' to allow the game to be played at its full player count of 6 people, at around $25-$30 I guess. So, the final offer will probably be a deluxe version of Rising Sun at $130 bucks or so...

Anyway, if this promotes the hobby, I'm all for it. Just surprised how easy it seems to manipulate emotions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
MrMT wrote:
yogibbear wrote:
rvrratt wrote:

It's striking how people don't understand this. Stretch goals as a marketing tool appears to bypass people's critical faculties. For what is normally a fairly rational community, CMON kickstarters create a very weird kind of teenage excitement on BGG.

It's as though a car was split into its constituent parts, and everyone fell over themselves in excitement at each new feature. 'Whoa, they've added windows now!' 'Dude, check it out - only a few more bucks and we'll get a steering wheel!'

The simple fact is, that there is a $100 deluxe edition of a game called Rising Sun on offer, which you pay for a year ahead of delivery.

Actually, this may not quite be accurate. There will almost certainly be an 'add-on' to allow the game to be played at its full player count of 6 people, at around $25-$30 I guess. So, the final offer will probably be a deluxe version of Rising Sun at $130 bucks or so...

Anyway, if this promotes the hobby, I'm all for it. Just surprised how easy it seems to manipulate emotions.

6th player clan is a stretch goal. Ks-exclusive. So it stays at 100$ for the "full player count".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will definitely be a retail '6th Player add-on' too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Keese
Germany
Lauenau
DE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plastic Strongholds and Alliance Tokens should be offered separately as add-ons, too.
pkreynolds wrote:
I'm glad the plastic castle strongholds are stretch goals and not an add-on buy. They look way better than the cardboard tokens.

Actually, in the particular case of the castle strongholds and alliance tokens, it would be good if CMON offered them separately as add-ons, too. There are a couple good games out there, whose publishers unfortunately couldn't fund better production values -- getting a few etra packs of Rising Sun's tokens and castles would be a nice upgrade for those titles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
KarstenKeese wrote:
pkreynolds wrote:
I'm glad the plastic castle strongholds are stretch goals and not an add-on buy. They look way better than the cardboard tokens.

Actually, in the particular case of the castle strongholds and alliance tokens, it would be good if CMON offered them separately as add-ons, too. There are a couple good games out there, whose publishers unfortunately couldn't fund better production values -- getting a few etra packs of Rising Sun's tokens and castles would be a nice upgrade for those titles.

Well .. KickStarter Exclusive! So too bad!

Must say I'm also still looking for pretty medieval mini castles and stuff ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.