Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a token for Reroll, even though it seems to be pre-printed on all the ability coasters. So I am wondering-- if I draw ability discs at random and one of them is Reroll, are there just two copies of the Reroll ability available at once? (The pre-printed one for white, and the loose token for another color.)

If not, what is that token for?

(I guess I am also curious how important that pre-printed Reroll is. Can you play with Reroll attached to a higher-value bean color? Can you play with two die-manipulation abilities available but neither of them being Reroll?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
There's a token for Reroll, even though it seems to be pre-printed on all the ability coasters. So I am wondering-- if I draw ability discs at random and one of them is Reroll, are there just two copies of the Reroll ability available at once? (The pre-printed one for white, and the loose token for another color.)

If not, what is that token for?

(I guess I am also curious how important that pre-printed Reroll is. Can you play with Reroll attached to a higher-value bean color? Can you play with two die-manipulation abilities available but neither of them being Reroll?)

The beauty of the modular system in VivaJava Dice is that you can do absolutely anything you want to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! But I'm also assuming the beauty of playtesting is that someone knows better than me which of these variants would be broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
Thanks! But I'm also assuming the beauty of playtesting is that someone knows better than me which of these variants would be broken.

Well, that's why we provide the recommended type of ability disk on the Wild Coaster, so players know what a good balanced mix can be. We have seen some crazy mixes over the years and I've never found one to be broken. It just really depends on how wild you want your Wild Coaster.

If you do want to play with two Re-Rolls, that's fine. If you don't want to use a Re-Roll then substitute another die manipulation disk - but it's preprinted because it's the most useful for almost any situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:
We have seen some crazy mixes over the years and I've never found one to be broken.

Awesome! I will experiment with confidence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TC Petty III
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, and if you look real closely, the House Coaster already breaks the rules of the WILD Coaster. Having 4 rerolls is fun. It's kinda pointless to go after in-game, but if you use the Intern Coaster you can test it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.