Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter for the introductory version of BH:2045, titled Spring Training, starts next week. It's a slimmed down version ideal for introducing new players to this wonderful game.

Ralph Anderson, Baseball Highlights 2045 Commissioner wrote:
We will also be introducing an introductory edition called Baseball Highlights 2045: Spring Training. Look for the kickstarter in March. This will be a stripped down, inexpensive version of the game to attract new players. There are no changes to the rules. In fact, we have almost completed a complete rewrite of the rules to accommodate the many FAQs and new immediate actions that have come along as well as to make it more friendly to new players without any background in baseball terminology. We plan for it to included a detailed play-by-play walk through of an entire mini-game. These rules will be in future printings of all versions of the game and will be available for download.

This edition isn't aimed at Baseball Highlights veterans, but the Kickstarter will have options to add new expansions. No word on whether the new rule book will also be available, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jason!

So far, we are on target to launch on March 15th.

Relax your fingers! The updated rules, guided play and reference booklets will be available.

Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonCat wrote:
Thanks, Jason!

Relax your fingers! The updated rules, guided play and reference booklets will be available.

Ralph

Great, thank you! Any chance for a big box for all our stuff a la Smash Up: The Big Geeky Box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really looking forward to see what'll be available for those of use who have the game and all the non-team expansions. I really like the game and want more .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonCat wrote:
Thanks, Jason!

Ralph

Do we need to back the slimmed down version to get the other materials?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Great, thank you! Any chance for a big box for all our stuff a la Smash Up: The Big Geeky Box?

I second this request. I am running out of room in my box, and would gladly pay for a bigger storage solution!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
DragonCat wrote:
Thanks, Jason!

Ralph

If I only plan to play solo, this will be the version to get? I will be able to get everything from his big brother, but not play with more than 2players,right?

Also, how much cards it will have? (Want to order sleeves =P)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris nelson
United States
greenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also hoping for some kind of expansion teams bundle and a big box for all of it. If we don't get it I'll at least pick up the small expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Zayas
United States
EGLIN AFB
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Stay tuned for the Kickstarter launch of Spring Training. We have a "BIG" surprise for fans of the game.

- Daniel Zayas
Marketing Director
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dmzayas wrote:
Stay tuned for the Kickstarter launch of Spring Training. We have a "BIG" surprise for fans of the game.

- Daniel Zayas
Marketing Director

A "BIG" box? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the Kickstarter include the Original game as well? I haven't been able to get my hands on this, so now would be a perfect time to do that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisn96 wrote:
I'm also hoping for some kind of expansion teams bundle and a big box for all of it. If we don't get it I'll at least pick up the small expansions.

Nice one. In my opinion, if you forget the Coaches set, all of the player and team expansions are really cool and add a lot thematically and in the case of the player cards, also to the gameplay.

Not 100% convinced on the literal game-changing ballpark expansion cards due up in the next release (I played them at a recent UK convention) - as they make things harder for some players to follow, plus leads to more 'annoying' card effects.

That being said, I'll still get them. If nothing else, they are baseball related and alter the experience to keep things even fresher and try to bear the rules in mind I guess. Plus, they're always optional. Same as the Coaches set. Which is fun and interesting, but a bit too powerful. Plus, not really suitable for solo play which I love.

Anyhow, here's to the 15th March and the KS campaign!

Woop Woop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree on the Coaches and I'm also not sold on the Ball Parks. The simplicity and smooth gameplay is what I love most about this game, and those just add extra steps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
I agree on the Coaches and I'm also not sold on the Ball Parks. The simplicity and smooth gameplay is what I love most about this game, and those just add extra steps.

Hah Jason - those 2 sentences sum up my feelings perfectly. Much better than my mini rant. It's been a long child-focused day!
: /
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dmzayas wrote:

- Daniel Zayas
Marketing Director

Got a start time yet? Some of us Geeks like to plan our days around KS launches.

You don't get the "Superbacker" badge by showing restraint...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tieman
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

You too? Huzzah! A brother in backing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ld paulson

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonCat wrote:

Is there an e-mail list or some such notification system? The Ides of March are upon us!

goo BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH! goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benjamininja wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

You too? Huzzah! A brother in backing!

Me three... seem to find myself in the same KS comments sections and backer lists as you two guys as well. I'll blame you both when the wife/bank manager finally accepts that the games arriving are not all "...from Kickstarter campaigns I ordered back in 2015".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When does it go live?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:
When does it go live?

Looks like 1 pm EDT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I will be there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Grady
United States
Jacksonville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jason B for the video. Loved it. I was in Florida 2 weeks ago for Spring Training. Saw 4 games while down there. Made me pull out my Baseball Highlights: 2045 game and solitaire it. One of my favorite times of the year, when all things are possible, including the hopes of a run for the pennant by September.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Garcia
msg tools
mb
any news??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atoj wrote:
any news??

Live on Kickstarter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.