11 Posts

Cuba Libre» Forums » Rules

Subject: New bots for CL? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Metal Rabbit
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I hear mutterings of new bots for CL... anyone (Oerjan?) cast any light on the rumours?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had heard they were in progress and will probably be in a future issue of C3i.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Metal Rabbit
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
To enable DR or Syndicate to play against the other 3 as bots? That'd be great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I originally hoped to update the CL bots in the reprint, but LoD development took several months longer than planned and the CL reprint came several months sooner than I expected (it was announced to me literally the day after I sent the first set of CL bot modifications to the playtesters!) so the reprint only got the most basic fixes. Hopefully I'll be able to do a thorough update in the future... but the next upcoming reprint is FitL, and there are a bunch of games currently in development, so CL has dropped way down in the priority list

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rag Rad
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does your comment about the reprinting of FitL mean there may be a timetable or at least projected schedule??? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No. It only means that Cuba Libre has very recently been reprinted and therefore is unlikely to be reprinted again anytime soon, whereas FitL is still waiting for a reprint.

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rag Rad
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's too bad about not having updated bots anytime soon. This is what prevents me from bringing the game to the table: the rules are not written very clearly in my opinion. The whole rulebook in fact is overly convoluted IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your problem is the rules layout, any sort of updates to the bots won't help you get the game on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ma Hongkui
mbmbmbmbmb
Oerjan wrote:
No. It only means that Cuba Libre has very recently been reprinted and therefore is unlikely to be reprinted again anytime soon, whereas FitL is still waiting for a reprint.

For anyone following this thread, GMT's May 23 update has both CL and FitL being reprinted in "early 2018."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel ma
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
What about the people who bought the second print?
Can we update the bots in some way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.