Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an offshoot of my previous recent post.

I've an opportunity for some of my students to be able to do weekly check-in period and it would be great to run something akin to a play-by-email game set in the ancient world. I've been running through searches on BGG but haven't found anything that really hits what I need:

brick Ancient world theme.

colonist Simple order/action point/worker placement/etc. type of game turn. The students would just distribute resources and/or orders on a sheet of paper to hand into me. Much like a PBEM.

goo Simultaneous resolution of actions. I'd get all the sheets each week and be able to process all of the actions relatively quickly with logical rules for conflicts.

meeple Co-operative or multiplayer solitaire style gameplay. The most classic type of game like what I'm describing above would be Diplomacy, however I work at a therapeutic school and the confrontational and backstabbing elements would not work well with my students. It would be more about building up something and perhaps there is a little bit of a race to see who gets a resource, but does not present any real setbacks for the players.

It's kind of a tall order, is there anything like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.