Subject: 2 player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Barlag

Independence
Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just received Pups in the mail and can't wait to play. The box says 2 to 5 players, but no mention in the rules about how to play with two players. Doesn't any trick taking game just turn into a glorified version of War with only two players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Friedly
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
We've played it twice as 2 player so far. We love it. Thing is my wife looks at my score pile and calculates real quick if she needs to take the At Least 3 or turn it over to the Exactly 3 to get ahead of me on points for example. In that sense it'd be nice if we played with more people so it would make it harder to track everyone's score. For instance, our second game I was ahead going to the last round (7th) and she figured she would have to do the Exactly 3 and for me to miss my bid in order for her to win. Anyway, I think there are plenty of decisions to make even in a two player game. I especially watch carefully what she plays at the start of a round because I may have to play a card later in order to make my bid. What she plays can tip me off to what she will probably play which can help me get that one last trick to make my bid. I will say neither one of us has done the Exactly 0 bid card and neither one of us has taken all the tricks in a round. So maybe the Exactly 0 in a 2 player is harder. Or maybe I just suck at trick taking card games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a 2 player variant here http://binkink.com/pups

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.