Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gorski
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quoting from a response to an email inquiry I made about release dates for FoF Vols I & II:

"Fields of Fire 2nd Edition is scheduled to be released in May and Fields of Fire Vol. II is scheduled to be released at the end of the year."

So... optimism?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Vol I, 2nd Ed. has been at the printer for several weeks. Final work on Vol II is to begin soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
? new rule set on GMT website ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure of the timing on posting the 2nd edition rules, Kenneth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the fast reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update, I'm so looking forward to playing my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait to get the new rules. I probably won't upgrade unless there is a cheap upgrade kit, but I do want the new rules.

I p500ed Vol 2 on the day it was put up and have been so anxious for it to be finished/released.

I'm really excited about the urban warfare additions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Bowden
Australia
Fountaindale
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slipped back to July in latest GMT update...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been at the printer for several weeks now. Any schedule adjustments at this point are on the printer's end. Not sure why the slippage, but wanted to confirm that it is in the printing process and has been for a while.

Best,
Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think GMT has moved everything back a bit due to new IT systems being deployed. That'll usually not go through with a hickup or two, so I'm expecting further delays. Can't wait for them to finally get a new website as well though, the old one is about as clunky as it gets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josep Parera
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just found about FOF 2ed. Can I stil buy it and receive it on may? First time on P500 sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Russo
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Posted by Gene Billingsley on CSW:

Quote:
Fields of Fire II: Yeah, I don't love moving stuff back, either. I think the deal here is Mark wants to make sure that there's plenty of time to guage feedback from the reprint of Volume I - just in case there's anything that might need upgrading systemically in Vol. II. As far out as that one looks right now, it could still move up. I saw a note yesterday from Ben about them moving forward pretty quickly with the Vol II proofing and work on a scenario pack that uses components for both games, so it looks to me (from afar, as I'm not hands on in the FoF dev group) like the team is gathering some momentum. So we'll see how that all plays out over the coming months.

Gene
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.