Subject: New clan speculation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Porter
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, we know there will be a sixth player and that each clan has a starting point on the board that corresponds with their color. That leaves us with 3 unrepresented colors orange, dark blue, and brown. What do y'all think they will be? These are my best guesses.

Dark blue- giant salamander/ crane

Orange- Fox

Brown- bamboo/ sakura
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Heaton
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The elements of water, wind, earth, void (patience), and steel are already represented; and I speculate that the last clan represents fire and is orange. So my prediction is for a Firefly clan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crane
Cherry blossom
Fire Pandas :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure, but I hope it will have more female minis!

Perhaps they also go the oriental astrology way: fire, earth, water, metal and wood?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Since they each have an ability, what are 3 more potential abilities?

One clan could get a random unused god that they get to worship for free during each/some of the worship phases.

Another could have additional ally tokens to allow alliances with more than one clan at a time.

I'm out of ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those both sound a bit OP,....

I'll have to think on it a bit myself......

- I think something that would allow you to modify the order of war,.... maybe the ability to delay war in on province; basically swapping it with the next one?

- an ability that allows you to move your daimyo at the end of certain actions.

- a clan with more Shinto, less bushi

- a clan with brothers in control,.... two daimyos

- a clan that gets a war bonus while fighting on an island province?

Of course anything that is added is offset by something like the clans standard income; or the home province harvest stats, etc. maybe some other detriments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don P
Sweden
flag msg tools
Looking at the gameplay video it seems that the color for the sixth Clan will be orange. Fox clan is my guess there to
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don_pers wrote:
Looking at the gameplay video it seems that the color for the sixth Clan will be orange. Fox clan is my guess there to

And you're right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orange Fox confirmed in update #8, trickling out piece by piece as multiple stretch goals…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good work! And a FREE clan, even better. Which means additional clans will be coming as add-on purchases for those that don't get in on the KS. Seems more and more promising for a total of 8 clans. Epic!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hastriter
United States
Shalimar
FL
flag msg tools
So what is the Fox's Power? It's hard to read. Also will the game become 6 players? they could have more alliances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red14Blue16 wrote:
So what is the Fox's Power? It's hard to read. Also will the game become 6 players? they could have more alliances.

It's all in the update description. Whenever a province is resolved during war, Fox can add a bushi there if they don't already have presence. And yes, once it's entirely unlocked, the game will be 6 players.

Now for the other clans to come... Iconic Legend of the Five Rings clans seem to have been avoided so far (Dragon, Crab, Crane, Lion, Phoenix, Scorpion, Unicorn/Kirin). Inspiration seems rather to come from japanese Mon (circular clan symbols) and ukiyo-e common motifs.

Board colors seem to point to brown and a lilac/darker shade of blue. Monkey or Hare maybe ? and Octopus or Whale ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think bear for the brown,.... maybe monkey for the other?

Congrats to those that called the orange as Fox Clan!!!

Looks like a tough spot on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting to see that the original art for this Daimyo was intended as a Scorpion Clan,....

That may be indeed gone,..... or could it be one of the two outstanding?

All of the original art has shifted symbols and colors of what we've seen in the campaign; so my guess is that this "Scorpion Clan" was just entirely rebranded and will have a new color pallet as the "Fox Clan"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Porter
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes! Called the orange fox!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping for an octopus and a ghost clan!
Yeah, i know it's unlikely, but one can dream, right

I think they reoved the scorpion clan and rebranded them as fox to not have same clan types of the L5R world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.