Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Steinke
United States
Opelika
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cragheart has a card that adds an additional target to all ranged attacks. (I don't have the exact wording in front of me).

How does this affect his ranged area attacks?

The obvious answer, I feel, would be that it doesn't. It would only affect his single or multi attack ranged attacks, but I couldn't find anything in the rules that helped clarify that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ubersmurfs wrote:
The Cragheart has a card that adds an additional target to all ranged attacks. (I don't have the exact wording in front of me).

The obvious answer, I feel, would be that it doesn't. It would only affect his single or multi attack ranged attacks, but I couldn't find anything in the rules that helped clarify that.

From the FAQ:
How does Add Target interact with area attacks?
Add Target always adds a single extra target within the range of your attack to the attack, and this target cannot be an enemy already targeted by the attack (a single attack ability cannot target the same enemy multiple times). So if you got an Add Target effect on an area attack, you could pick one enemy within range but outside of the area (because all enemies in the area are already getting attacked) to get hit by the attack as well. All conditions and other effects of the attack (other than effects that would add additional attack targets) would apply to the added target, as well. Each instance of the Add Target effect adds an additional target to the attack using the above guidelines. Note that if an attack ability targets everything within a specified range, Add Target would do nothing since you are already targeting everything in that range.

Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1687146/official-faq/page/1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Kaine
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ubersmurfs wrote:

Unfortunately, this question has been answered but it's really difficult to find the answer in all the forums. The just of it is this:

The add target will allow you to add a single target to the ability that is outside the original area blast and also not previously targeted. This new, single target is attacked with the same strength as the original attack, but you ignore the AoE aspect. You cannot pick one of the original enemies in the AoE as the single, new target; you must pick a different target.

If you cannot find a new, single target, the effect is still used up, and you will gain the XP, but you will not fire again.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Steinke
United States
Opelika
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JakobBGG wrote:
Unfortunately, this question has been answered but it's really difficult to find the answer...

Not that hard-- it's in the pinned FAQ, and it's on pg. 22 of the Rule book in the paragraph following the add target symbol and ADD TARGET.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.