Subject: Niagara Falls or Buffalo gamers/groups? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D L
United States
Fredonia
New York
flag msg tools
I just moved here and am looking to get some game time in. Looking for any meetups, regular groups, etc etc. We had a pretty solid and regular group back in Fredonia so I have gone from playing a bunch to not so much these days.

I am in to just about any kind of game but find my favorites to be in b-movie/horror camp type games. Love Dead of Winter, Betrayal At House On the Hill, Shadow Hunters....also very much get in to things like Codenames, Above and Below, Euphoria, Shipwrights Of the North, etc etc.

Hope to meet some of you out here.

Respect and regards,
-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not been there myself, but I hear that there is a community group (not just students) who play pretty regularly at the University at Buffalo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D L
United States
Fredonia
New York
flag msg tools
wamsp wrote:
I have not been there myself, but I hear that there is a community group (not just students) who play pretty regularly at the University at Buffalo.

I was just sent the link to the meetup for this. I am stoked about this and will be checking it out very soon. Hopefully this coming week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Tisdale
msg tools
Falls gamer here!

This town sucks for gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Smith
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
(full disclosure: I own Dragon Snack Games)

Dragon Snack Games (656 Millersport Hwy in Amherst) has a monthly board game day the second Saturday of every month (technically starts at 1pm, but people are often here at Noon) and the Indy Game Alliance guys usually run demos every Thursday during open gaming (there are 3 of them, so if one can't make it normally one of the other guys can).

There is also a group that meets every Tuesday at the Wegmans on Alberta Drive (also in Amherst).

Collector's Inn (3107 Delaware Ave, Kenmore) runs a board game day too, I *think* it's on a Sunday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Tisdale
msg tools
Just checked Dragon Snack out for the first time about a week ago. I took my son in to look around after my friend told me about the place.

I liked it a lot, and definitely plan on checking out your game nights when I can. Miniature selection was pretty impressive, and I didn't feel like I was being watched. More importantly for me, I didn't feel like my son was being watched either. He's 8, so it happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis P

New York
msg tools
Tonawanda Gamer here. Looking for a regular board game group. I prefer to play strategy type board games. Unfortunately my current game group is not really into strategy games. Hoping to find a group that meets once a month for gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buffaloaces wrote:
Tonawanda Gamer here. Looking for a regular board game group. I prefer to play strategy type board games. Unfortunately my current game group is not really into strategy games. Hoping to find a group that meets once a month for gaming.

There's the group at UB North on Wednesdays

There's the group at the Wegmans on Alberta on Tuesdays

There's the group at the Panera Bread at Delaware Rd and Sheridan on Saturdays

There's the group at Dragon Snack at Millersport Hwy and Eggert on Thursdays.

The group at UB North plays a lot of heavy euro stuff.
The Wegmans and Panera groups tend toward lighter to mid weight stuff.
The Dragon Snack group is very diverse with euros, ameritrash, RPG and occasionally wargames.

The Wegmans group tends to be the largest. I was there last Tuesday and there must have been close to twenty people.
The Panera and Dragon Snack groups tend to be small. Panera usually gets somewhere from four to eight people. Dragon Snack maybe six to ten.
The UB North group is in the middle I think. Sometimes a low count but I've seen as many as fifteen. I think they get bigger turnout when school is in session too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian "Langalore"
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just in Buffalo for work and found that Dragon Snack games' Thursday board game group was a lot of fun. Played Dirigible Disaster, Karuba, and Nevermore. Had a great time and the store is crowded / a bit messy but a great store and the players there are very knowledgeable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schroeder
United States
Lewiston
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Close to falls gamer here. I'm in Lewiston. My group and I have been gaming together since 2010. Mostly euros and Ameritrash but you're encouraged to join my group. Are you in the Falls I take it? There's not too many gamers in Niagara County unfortunately.

For you or anyone else in the area that wants to join the group, on Facebook, search for Niagara Frontier Board Gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mike6423 wrote:
Close to falls gamer here. I'm in Lewiston. My group and I have been gaming together since 2010. Mostly euros and Ameritrash but you're encouraged to join my group. Are you in the Falls I take it? There's not too many gamers in Niagara County unfortunately.

For you or anyone else in the area that wants to join the group, on Facebook, search for Niagara Frontier Board Gamers.

Good news!

I don't do Facebook and I searched Meetup but your group didn't come up so if you could geek mail me the place, day and time your group meets I'll see if my schedule will allow a visit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to list the BACSIM group above.

These are an offshoot of the UB North game group that used to be the UB conflict simulation club I think.

I haven't attended a BACSIM in years but the last one I was at had a few wargames and a good number of other type games.

This group meets first Saturday of each month at Dave and Adams Card World over near Sheridan and Transit (is that Williamsville?) I think it's in the building where the Men's Wearhouse was.

As I said I haven't attended this group in a long time but they are still advertising on Meetup and the next meetup is July 1st.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schroeder
United States
Lewiston
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekmail sent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While not a gamer group, we've been running the Niagara Boardgame Weekend in Niagara Falls Ontario for 13 years. Its an amazing 4 day event that covers all types of boardgames in a friendly environment. There are no formally scheduled games; just 230 really cool gamers from both Canada and the US, coming out to play.

Come check us out at www.niagaraboardgaming.com

Regards
Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.