Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

The Captain Is Dead: Lockdown» Forums » Rules

Subject: Setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got recently the Episode 3, after a couple of puch out and assembly the pieces. Started to read the rulebook and i wanted some clarifications before running a gaming session with my group. The rulebook lacks any clarification about combining the contents from this episode with 1 & 2.

The rulesbook states that this episode 3 only needs the gameboard and manual from the episode 1 and remove the other components from episode 1.

1- This episode comes with only 9 Battle Plans, should be in this way? The Admiral ability draws 2 cards and discard one, so the deck will run out in 9 Turns. In the Episode, the deck last 16 turns and the Episode last 18.
Can this episode 3 battle cards be mixed with episode 1 & 2?

2- The Veteran cards can be mixed with Episode 2 or is optional?

3- The Tools from Episode 1 can be mixed or is optional?

Thanks for any clarifications.
I can't wait to play this game on weekend.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my understanding, the only thing that Episode 3 uses from Ep1 is the board (and some parts of the rulebook). It should not be combined with Ep2, nor the cards from Ep1.

Many Ep1/2 battle plans and Ep2 veteran abilities will not be relevant (nor balanced) for Ep3. Likewise Ep1 tools would be redundant or not applicable (since there is nothing to repair).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dsdhornet wrote:

Many Ep1/2 battle plans and Ep2 veteran abilities will not be relevant (nor balanced) for Ep3. Likewise Ep1 tools would be redundant or not applicable (since there is nothing to repair).


Some battle plans from Ep1 give certain discounts skill for some characters that don't have. Some veteran gives bonus that can be used in Ep3. I think that it doesn't give unbalance to the game. About the tools, I think you're right.

I wanted to hear what the creator has to said about battle plans and veterans if he doesn't mind to give advice.

My group changes the plans for gaming session. We'll play it tomorrow instead of weekend.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmb
BGFreakDag2PT wrote:
I got recently the Episode 3, after a couple of puch out and assembly the pieces. Started to read the rulebook and i wanted some clarifications before running a gaming session with my group. The rulebook lacks any clarification about combining the contents from this episode with 1 & 2.


We have not tested episode 3 with any components from 1 or 2. That said, some battle plans, tools, and veteran cards may work across the versions. Just know we didn't design them to work together.


BGFreakDag2PT wrote:

The rulesbook states that this episode 3 only needs the gameboard and manual from the episode 1 and remove the other components from episode 1.


Yes

BGFreakDag2PT wrote:

1- This episode comes with only 9 Battle Plans, should be in this way? The Admiral ability draws 2 cards and discard one, so the deck will run out in 9 Turns. In the Episode, the deck last 16 turns and the Episode last 18.
Can this episode 3 battle cards be mixed with episode 1 & 2?


You can try it, but it was not tested that way.

We found 9 battle plans to be sufficient in our tests.

BGFreakDag2PT wrote:

2- The Veteran cards can be mixed with Episode 2 or is optional?


Up to you, but again untested.

BGFreakDag2PT wrote:

3- The Tools from Episode 1 can be mixed or is optional?



Up to you, but again untested.

BGFreakDag2PT wrote:

Thanks for any clarifications.
I can't wait to play this game on weekend.



Good luck. Be sure to check out the FAQ thread we posted here before playing. It will likely clear up any questions you have before and during the game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks JT Smith.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.