Too Many Bones» Forums » General

Subject: Nugget's Longblade skill rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Meriac
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
After watching a couple videos featuring Nugget I'm a little confused about her Longblade skill. Can it be used as a ranged attack? If so, does it require a Slingstone to use?

Really enjoying learning about this game. Can't wait for my copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
meriacnick wrote:
After watching a couple videos featuring Nugget I'm a little confused about her Longblade skill. Can it be used as a ranged attack? If so, does it require a Slingstone to use?

Really enjoying learning about this game. Can't wait for my copy!

it's ranged on its own.

The slingstones allow you to use a regular Attack Die as a ranged attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meriac
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Ok, cool.

I love the image of her flinging her sword at a Baddie. In fact, every character's skills in this game are immersive. Though, come to think of it, how does she get her sword back once she's thrown it? Must be awkward as she's picking it up at the feet of an angry Baddie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding Nugget's Longblade: There is Gearloc tech at work here... Something unknown to us. We'll let you speculate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

String
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Or maybe it's like a boomerang blade. Or a magnetic pulse . Or mechanical wings . Maybe it collapses into an orb and rolls back! Or maybe, just maybe, it's string after all ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yesterday's Triumphs
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Carmine Petrie stands before you, wearing some ridiculous disguise. One has to wonder how on earth anything concocted by this man ever worked to fool anyone...
mbmbmbmbmb
I just thought it was really long wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dewdundency wrote:
Regarding Nugget's Longblade: There is Gearloc tech at work here... Something unknown to us. We'll let you speculate

Adam, step away from the forums and get back to sorting those beautiful boxes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps, like Grog on Critical Role, she has a Chain of Returning...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Robinson
United Kingdom
SLOUGH
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or possibly Scorpion from the old Mortal Kombat games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Shradnick

Scranton
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bone Head
mbmbmbmbmb
SLINKY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moodyb wrote:
Or possibly Scorpion from the old Mortal Kombat games

"Get over here!"

I like this idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the Bazooka on my Rambo toy as a kid, just pull back and release to shoot... only goes as far as the string.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Pekkanen
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
On Nuggets' character sheet the longblade skill is listed as short range.
What is the difference between ranged and short range?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Cole
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Nugget Overview on Youtube, at 23:52 he says that the Longblade can be used against adjacent (and target) enemies only.

Also, at 26:20 he says "the Longblade cannot reach (the non-adjacent baddie). The Longblade is for adjacent only".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus, thanks for pointing that out. I misspoke as this was an earlier proposed design for this character. It had been revised and I had forgotten! So much to remember and say! Even the earliest renditions of these Gearlocs are burned on my brain!

We will add notes to the video soon. You are to follow the text of the Ref Sheet.

If a ranged Target is selected, then Longblade works on that target as well (not Atk Dice). You will notice the icon on the Longblade dice does not restrict you to adjacent targets. There are other Skills that Nugget has that may apply to 'Target' as well. Use these wisely as you can only do so much to non-adjacent Targets, then you will have to approach Baddies if you want to dish out some real Dmg!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Cole
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dewdundency wrote:
Marcus, thanks for pointing that out. I misspoke as this was an earlier proposed design for this character. It had been revised and I had forgotten! So much to remember and say! Even the earliest renditions of these Gearlocs are burned on my brain!

We will add notes to the video soon. You are to follow the text of the Ref Sheet.

If a ranged Target is selected, then Longblade works on that target as well (not not Atk Dice). You will notice the icon on the Longblade dice does not restrict you to adjacent targets.

That is excellent news! Thank you for the clarification!

Also, I loved the videos and have watched them multiple times. Good job on those as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.