LOAD: League of Ancient Defenders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about turn order and respawn time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cardboard Castle
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I'm not sure if I am reading the turn order correctly or not. I see that Chaos will be doing their actions first and Atlantis use their actions last. But do all actions alternate between players? For example, does Chaos move all creep waves then Atlantis move all of theirs? Or does Chaos choose one group to move, then other side choose one group, until there are no more that need moving?
Does Chaos do all of their minion attacks then Atlantis attack with whatever is left alive? Or does each player choose one group to attack with at a time and they alternate?
Does Chaos choose one Hero to activate then Atlantis choose one? Or does Chaos activate all of their heroes then Atlantis gets to activate their whole team?
Also, with the respawn timer I see when a Hero is slain you move them off the board and place a respawn token with the 2 side up. At the end of a turn you turn your 2 tokens onto the 1 side and your 1 tokens come off. Does this mean a Hero is only out of the game for the turn they are slain plus 1 more turn? Or is it the Turn they are slain plus 2 turns.
Thanks for any help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
CardboardCastleGames wrote:
I'm not sure if I am reading the turn order correctly or not. I see that Chaos will be doing their actions first and Atlantis use their actions last. But do all actions alternate between players? For example, does Chaos move all creep waves then Atlantis move all of theirs?

1. Chaos Towers all fire
2. Atlantis Towers all fire
3. Chaos Creeps all move forward
4. Atlantis Creeps all move forward
5. Chaos Creeps all attack forward
6. Atlantis Creeps all attack forward
7. Chaos Heroes all activate one at a time
8. Atlantis Heroes all activate one at a time

CardboardCastleGames wrote:
Also, with the respawn timer I see when a Hero is slain you move them off the board and place a respawn token with the 2 side up. At the end of a turn you turn your 2 tokens onto the 1 side and your 1 tokens come off. Does this mean a Hero is only out of the game for the turn they are slain plus 1 more turn? Or is it the Turn they are slain plus 2 turns.

The respawn token flips at the end of your player's Hero activation phase. The hero will normally be out for 2 of your activation rounds, and then respawn. Due to the way this works, if your hero ends up getting himself killed in the forest during your own activation phase, they would flip their token at the end of the current activation phase, and only miss the next activation phase and then respawn the following activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
Suicide by forest is one of my favorite strats. It reduces respawn time AND denies the opponent valuable gold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubbalubber wrote:
Suicide by forest is one of my favorite strats. It reduces respawn time AND denies the opponent valuable gold

Agreed. Honorable seppuku in the Forrest is an excellent way to deny one's opponent their dues ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.