Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Pandemic: The Cure» Forums » General

Subject: How crazy would this be: Pandemic: The Cure - Legacy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy The Cure, even when I lose which is most of the time. I enjoy it more than anybody else in my playgroup does, and it is definitely one of my top-10 favorite, maybe top-5 favorite games of all time. I definitely enjoy it way more than regular Pandemic (which I never really got into). Not that I think it would ever happen, but am I the only one who would be way more interested in a Legacy version of The Cure than one of regular Pandemic?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer Pandemic: The Cure because it plays more quickly than Pandemic. I'm not interested in Legacy editions of either, but if I were tempted to play one, Pandemic Legacy already exists, so that would be the one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldard wrote:
I prefer Pandemic: The Cure because it plays more quickly than Pandemic.


Meh. The supposedly shorter playtime is seriously oversold. 5-10 minutes quicker - maybe (and not always, I have had the Pandemic dice game run slightly over Pandemic).

It's not like the difference between other games and the dice game little sibling. Nations for example is a 2 - 3 hour game versus a 30 minute game like Nations: The Dice Game.

Regarding legacy: Sure. I think it should come with a die-grinder so that when a player gets harmed or waylaid in some fashion you put one of their action dice into something like a meat grinder and grind away.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wamsp wrote:
I really enjoy The Cure, even when I lose which is most of the time. I enjoy it more than anybody else in my playgroup does, and it is definitely one of my top-10 favorite, maybe top-5 favorite games of all time. I definitely enjoy it way more than regular Pandemic (which I never really got into). Not that I think it would ever happen, but am I the only one who would be way more interested in a Legacy version of The Cure than one of regular Pandemic?

If it has you destroying dice with hammers or whatever tools you can muster, I think it'd be a whole new level outcry!


Runcible Spoon wrote:
Eldard wrote:
I prefer Pandemic: The Cure because it plays more quickly than Pandemic.


Meh. The supposedly shorter playtime is seriously oversold. 5-10 minutes quicker - maybe (and not always, I have had the Pandemic dice game run slightly over Pandemic).

It's not like the difference between other games and the dice game little sibling. Nations for example is a 2 - 3 hour game versus a 30 minute game like Nations: The Dice Game.

Regarding legacy: Sure. I think it should come with a die-grinder so that when a player gets harmed or waylaid in some fashion you put one of their action dice into something like a meat grinder and grind away.
And you're factoring setup time as part of all of this?

From my records, PTC has taken less than 45 minutes, whereas Pandemic has taken 15 to 30 minutes longer. I wouldn't call that nontrivial, although I do acknowledge that "long", and what's long for each game is subjective.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You gave me visions of opening boxes with new dice in them. I like it!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.