5 Posts

Deep Space D-6» Forums » Rules

Subject: do you roll for threat at start of game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rik Marshall

Florida
msg tools
when you are starting the game, you pull 2 threat cards... do you also roll the threat die? or do you skip this and roll the crew dice ... resolve... pull another threat card and THEN roll the threat die?

after turn 1 ... i get it, the instructions make total sense, its the starting round im curious about.

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it is:

1) Pull 2 threat cards
2) Roll dice for crew.
3) Resolve (placing threats first / drawing more cards)
4) Roll Threat die.

The pull of the first 2 cards is to give the crew something to deal with (or not) and risk the Threat phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Johnson
United States
North Charleston
SOUTH CAROLINA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I DO roll the threat die at the beginning. As Rob said, it gives the crew something to actually do for the first turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Meyer
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm anxious to see what Tony says, because I don't roll the threat dice on the first turn. But I can see it both ways.

Thematically, I think it makes sense either way. One, your captain is assigning crew to face existing threats, or two, the threats are attacking and THEN you're assigning crew. It's almost like the difference between starting at the beginning of an episode of Star Trek, or starting about 10 minutes in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Marshall

Florida
msg tools
willsdaddy21 wrote:
I'm anxious to see what Tony says, because I don't roll the threat dice on the first turn. But I can see it both ways.

Thematically, I think it makes sense either way. One, your captain is assigning crew to face existing threats, or two, the threats are attacking and THEN you're assigning crew. It's almost like the difference between starting at the beginning of an episode of Star Trek, or starting about 10 minutes in.

A G R E E D!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.