Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris F
United States
Willmar
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have heard a couple things here and there that I feel I may have not been aware of, did Poots do anything to update or make the Lonely tree better, one of the few expansions I am not grabbing. As I understood, it was a week expansion to begin with and there wasn't much update to it and it does not go along with any new expansions. Am I missing anything?

Thanks to anyone who responds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be fixed cards. I think I will get it when the cards are fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I believe they are just fixing some mistakes on the cards. It's nothing that makes changes to the overall gameplay of the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dying Tickles
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like others have said, it's just card fixing. Some of the cards used different names to refer to the same thing, so the correction is just for consistency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris F
United States
Willmar
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So can still be left to the side for now. Surprised it didn't have a role in the abyssal woods...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Adam said Lonely Tree isn't in the Woods - it's off by itself or it wouldn't be lonely
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Silveira
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amyotheramy wrote:
Adam said Lonely Tree isn't in the Woods - it's off by itself or it wouldn't be lonely

That, that...... That makes sense.. Oo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Campaigns of Death though? I know nothing specific was said, but maybe it will have a better use for the Lonely Tree, even if it is limited to special campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Maybe, but I suspect Manhunter or Slenderman or possibly Green Armor will be the Campaigns of Death (along with Ancient Butcher) after reading this thread:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1730689/campaigns-death...

(Edited for link failure.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amyotheramy wrote:
Maybe, but I suspect Manhunter or Slenderman or possibly Green Armor will be the Campaigns of Death (along with Ancient Butcher) after reading this thread:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1730689/campaigns-death...

(Edited for link failure.)
The original pitch says all 12 original expansions. It is all speculation and subject to change of course, but I think Poots realizes that Tree needs some more work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I agree with that, though I took the all 12 expansions to mean more that it would lay out the node system and how to make your own campaigns with the original 12, rather than that the three campaigns in the book would use all 12. I could be wrong, though. I would definitely love to see more content for the Tree as I pledged for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frch0603 wrote:
Am I missing anything?

A question mark at the end of your post subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Lonely Tree was originally just going to be a terrain piece then got a few rules added later on. As a terrain piece it is a really really nice kit. As for rules, its actually very easy to slot it into every campaign regardless of other expansions. It would have been good if it had a bunch of other rules and features, but as it is it works fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Are you asking if it's no longer the worst expansion in terms of value and content?
No. It's still that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
Are you asking if it's no longer the worst expansion in terms of value and content?
No. It's still that

Gameplay value, the mini is still one of the best in kdm and by far the best terrain I've ever seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.