Subject: Does it live up to the premise? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adil M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The premise of this game is amazing, do you think it lives up to that? How would you describe the game in practice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E A
msg tools
badge
Weve been really enjoying the game so far. We've played it 3 times as a group of 4 and the game got even better with every session as the bidding strategy developed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jabagi K
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the game even though I tried to stay away from it. Normally I have a 2 hour rule; if the game is longer than 2 hours, it's not worth it. Usually I am the one who has to teach, so add the 15-60 minutes of teaching, and I just don't have time for it.

I had two exceptions to this rule; Chaos in the Old World and Forbidden Stars. Both great games, miniatures, lots of fighting, layers of stategy etc. Incorporated may just take the place of CitoW for me. It has lots of bidding, even more layers of strategy and the 2nd edition has great components (but no miniatures..)
I'll be glad to provide more details if you are interested.

Disclaimer: I'm a friend of the designer and I received a free demo copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adil M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So is it primarily a bidding game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jabagi K
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each turn (4 turns in a game), there is an investment round. In the investment round, in a 3p game, each player will start three auctions each for available shares, so there are 9 auctions per turn, 36 auctions per game. The auctions are simple, you must bid higher or pass that share but depending on your group, this may go on a bit My friends like to negotiate, banter, threaten for each and every bid..

Bidding too high for too many shares will definitely lose you the game but this is not an auction game, there are three more rounds in each turn and they are equally important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adil M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Right, but what mechanics are there besides bidding?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adil3tr wrote:
Right, but what mechanics are there besides bidding?

There's a phase that is essentially drafting or worker placement, where there are a number of options available, some more valuable than others, and you have to take turns choosing what's most important to you to take knowing that other players will take the options that you don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adil M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hmmm... I'm just torn because this game will either feel really underwhelming to me or I'll love it to death. I'll keep thinking about it and watch the how to play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.