Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been working on a foamcore insert for the core game as well as the Master Set. Here are a couple of sample pictures and you can see the rest of the images in my gallery.

Everything does fit in both boxes including the Collectors platters if you have them. The only thing is that the small box does stick up about 5mm max. However that is only because I needed the room for the extra platters.

I am looking for some input on what you all think or even any ideas.

My Gallery

Here is a animation on how the inserts fit together

Foamcore Insert Pictures

Edited to change the title and add in the animation

Thanks
Ray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Foamcore Insert (Coming Soon)

Looks pretty good!

One question, are the Character tokens just scattered into their tray?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pmbrill77 wrote:

Looks pretty good!

I'm curious to this as well. I've got mine in coin sleeves (which work great for keeping them organized in some coherent fashion)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pmbrill77 wrote:

Looks pretty good!

Yes the tokens are all in a tray loose. I do not mind them this way as it keeps everything that I have in the 2 boxes and no extra binders etc.

Ray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the character token tray is only 10mm thick. So if you did not want to use it you could just leave it out however you would have to lower the in game token tray by 10mm and find a new home for the Henchmen/pet tokens that I will be keeping there. However there is room in the triangle spacers for those tokens as that is where I originally had them.

And by doing this you will be able to fully close the box lid.

Ray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob ter Linden
Netherlands
Made
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to have a foam insert
Awesome work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb

Perhaps a strange combo of coin sleeves cut down to the dimensions of the space the character token tray used to fill may be the way to go, for some.

Definitely some good options there with tray, triangle boxes and coin sleeves.

I will hold off construction until I can throw a ruler at the coin sleeve pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pmbrill77 wrote:

Perhaps a strange combo of coin sleeves cut down to the dimensions of the space the character token tray used to fill may be the way to go, for some.

Definitely some good options there with tray, triangle boxes and coin sleeves.

I will hold off construction until I can throw a ruler at the coin sleeve pages.

IIRC the 63-coin sleeve pages for the character tokens are just a little smaller then the size of the box. so one could put the sleeves in the box but it will raise the lid a little to make room. 4 pages will raise the lid about 10mm.

In my gaming group there is at least 6 complete sets of DoA II for us to play so when we game we just use the set of the persons house that we are playing at. Another reason why I do not really care so much about having the character tokens in a sleeve. And in a normal game with about 24 characters (12 per side) it really only takes us a couple of minutes tops to find all of the tokens.

I did do a redesign of the in game token box so that I now have all of the pets and henchmen tokens added to it. looking forward to seeing how this works out.

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK this insert is now finished and I am waiting on the SketchUp file to get approved and I will provide the link for the plans.

I also added the animation on what the insert looks like together for those that are interested.

Also added a link to the Geeklist for the insert with photos of the completed product.

All this is in the original post.

Enjoy and have fun gaming
Ray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.