4 Posts

Plague Inc.: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bateria Outbreak trait rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Titus Van Houwelingen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
We used the free" outbreak trait like this: when using our infectivity (placing NEW tokens) was not an option or not the best option, we used outbreak to place a NEW token in any other country.

However, after some few games a friend me attended me that the outbreak trait specifies a token to be MOVED to any other country. Meaning leaving one infected city uninfected.

How was this meant? It really makes sense that outbreak infects another country just like infectivity but more powerful (with the penalty of only inf3cting a single city instead of your infectivity count). Not meaning the original city will be left totally uninfected.
On the other hand, the trait states "move".

How was this meant by design?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelley E.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
He went that way
badge
I used to have AP. Now I'm not sure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Outbreak is meant to allow you to reach a place you would otherwise be unable to reach. So if you want to infect a seaport country without having the waterborne trait you can move one token to get a foothold. Once there you can infect like normal on subsequent turns.

This ability is best used when the source country has multiple tokens and the destination is unreachable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James V
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Creator of Plague Inc.
badge
Plague Inc: The Board Game - can you Infect the World?
mbmbmbmb
xeromist wrote:
Outbreak is meant to allow you to reach a place you would otherwise be unable to reach. So if you want to infect a seaport country without having the waterborne trait you can move one token to get a foothold. Once there you can infect like normal on subsequent turns.

This ability is best used when the source country has multiple tokens and the destination is unreachable.

This is correct. You move an existing token rather than place a new one, it is for use in emergencies only!

(I have a few plans here for future disease expansions btw )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ndemic wrote:

(I have a few plans here for future disease expansions btw )

surprise

Great to hear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.