ZenMonkey11

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools

RULES - FINAL DRAFT - MANY CLARIFICATIONS, CHANGES AND ADDITIONS!!

There are elements in this game from both the movie Blade Runner and the book - Philip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?.

There are some (semi-) hidden rules in play, largely dealing with how Replicants (Androids, "Andys") are "found", and with attributes of Civilians.

Blade Runners are the Seers in the game. They receive a Dawn-to-Dusk chat with their target and are informed after Dusk if their target was Replicant or Not Replicant. Their choice for the next day may be made conditional on that Night's nightkill. A target will only be "interviewed" once at a time. Instead of a chat/"view", a Blade Runner may use a one-time Vigilante kill order at night - if this is used against a Human victim, they lose all Blade Runner powers, including any Tough or Brutal attributes.

Detective Gaff is a Bodyguard. He may protect himself. He may not protect the same player two Nights consecutively. He can only protect against the standard Night Kill action. Detective Gaff is immune to the "arrest" game order.

Captain Bryant may arrest players, making them unable to perform or be affected by night actions - this cannot be used as a protection mechanism. The arrest mechanism will generate a Dawn-to-Dusk chat, but Bryant will not receive a view afterwards. Bryant cannot arrest Blade Runners. Bryant cannot arrest the same player twice unless all players in the game have already been arrested once by him. Captain Bryant is aware of Detective Gaff's identity.

Inspector Garland may also arrest players. Inspector Garland may not arrest Detective Gaff. Garland's ability mirrors Bryant's, except that Garland may detain Blade Runners.

Mercer is a deity-like fixture in the world of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?. He is Tough to both lynch and night kill. He may be targeted by Buster Friendly, who ignores Mercer's tough. Mercer will be informed if he loses his tough.

Merging with Mercer: Any good player may surrender all their attributes/powers, including voting, by attempting to join a group chat - there is a 50 percent chance of success. (If they fail, they retain all of their abilities / traits.) Even though they have surrendered their vote power, "Mercerites" must still vote. However, if a player merges with Mercer, their vote will automatically be applied to Buster Friendly AND will only count for half-strength. If Buster Friendly has been removed from the game, then everyone merged with Mercer will have their vote strength added to Mercer's (still at half-strength). They also no longer count for parity. Mercer gains a half vote for each living follower, and a 1/2 count for purposes of parity. If/when Mercer dies, the chat is closed and the surviving members regain their individual voting ability and parity, but only at half-strength. "Sleeper" Replicants cannot join with Mercer, but will not be informed as to why.

Villagers will be called "Civilians". Civilians may have additional attributes, including Passive Priest. Whatever the attributes, Civilians are always revealed as just Civilians (and human).

Passive Priests - as long as all Priests remain alive, all deaths will have full reveal; when one priest dies, alignment only at Night, full reveal for Day; when two priests die, no Night information, full reveal for Day, when all priests die, no night information, alignment only for Day

Replicants are the Werewolves in the game. Replicants may be "Sleepers" - unaware of their true identities. Only those Replicants who have become self-aware count for parity. If the Replicant Roy Batty is the last living Replicant, he no longer counts for parity.

John "J.R." Isidore is a human Traitor who knows the identity of the Replicant Pris.

Taffey Lewis is a Sorcerer (views for Blade Runner/not-Blade Runner) who knows the identity of the Replicant Zhora.

Rachael is a Replicant who is not self-aware. If she is viewed by a Replicant, she becomes an Aux Evil, gaining a chat with Tyrrell and 'seduction powers' against Blade Runners, which strip them of their abilities and cancel all of that Blade Runner's votes against her for the remainder of the game. If her awareness is the result of a Blade Runner interview, she joins Good. There is a 50 percent chance she will be viewed as Not Replicant by both Blade Runners and Replicants (and thus remain not self-aware).

Tyrrell is a human who knows the identity of Rachael and has extra victory conditions.

Sebastian is a human Cultist who knows the Replicants in the initial main group and views for other Replicants. He is immune to nightkill by Replicants.

Buster Friendly is a radio and television personality who regularly denigrates Mercer and Mercerism and is reputed to be a Replicant. He does not count for evil parity, is never viewed as "Replicant", is never "found", and is immune to any night kill actions. He has a sock-puppet account so he can post in-thread; the sock puppet account may vote, but manual votes made against the Buster account do not count (only those merged with Mercer). He wins with evil and has an additional victory condition: he has a one-shot attempt to kill Mercer, which can not be blocked by Bodyguard. He dies instead of his target if he targets someone who is not Mercer.

IMPORTANT: With the exceptions of Captain Bryant, Mercer, Isidore, Sebastian, and Tyrrell any named or unnamed role may be a ("Sleeper") Replicant.

If a Civilian or named role has attributes or powers and is a ("Sleeper") Replicant, those attributes/powers transfer.

A Replicant can be killed by another Replicant.

Toughs are informed when Toughness is lost. A Tough lynched results in a No Lynch.

Brutals are mandatory. When exercising Brutal powers for lynch, it must be used on one of the player’s (un-)voters that day. The order is due by five minutes following lynch. If no order is received, the Brutal will be random, against someone on that player’s team first, and if not possible, then someone random on the other team. A Brutal invoked as part of a night action automatically goes against the instigator (attacker) of the night action. If a Brutal targets a Brutal, there is no further effect (ie there are no "Brutal chains") for both lynch and Night actions.

Any vote manipulation orders are due within five minutes following of Dusk.

A tinker (if there are any) shows as Replicant to Blade Runners as a false positive, but does not affect Sorcerer or Replicant views. There are no false negatives, other than Rachael's 50%.

There will be Night 0 orders, views, and actions (except kill).

Good wins by eliminating all self-aware Replicants or if Roy Batty is the last living Replicant. Evil wins by achieving parity for the largest Replicant group with all other living players. "Sleeper" Replicants who are not yet self-aware at their demise or at game end win with whichever side prevails.

Voting is Longest-Held-Last-Vote (LHLV). There are vote manipulation powers in play. Revised totals for the leaders only will be presented if such differs from the actual tally.

+ Balance is not guaranteed.

+ The number one priority is to have fun.

+ "No lynch" is an option and will take the place of that Day's lynch, but No lynch requires a 2/3 majority instead of the standard majority.

+ No Zombie posts ... the dead do not post (neither do they thumb posts).

+ In-thread questions and other game concerns to the Mod should be posted in red; you‘ll get a response in red.

+ Voting must follow Cassandra protocols. No adjustments will be made unless Cassy somehow made the mistake - this does not include improperly abbreviated names being rejected by Cassy.

+ Votes cast up until 6:00 are valid; votes at 6:01 and later are not valid.

+ Night orders are due by 7:00. Orders submitted at 7:01 or later are not valid. No order received results in no action, unless the player is up for replacement.

+ Lynch will be delayed or postponed if BGG should go down for any significant length of time, or during the last hour prior to lynch, unless previously announced otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
FAQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
The game has begun.

All players with N0 actions are encouraged to choose a target for N0.

EVERY player is required to check in to their modchat.

NO POSTING, PLEASE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in brackets:
[vote jmilum]

3. If your game allows, and you [vote nightfall] your vote will
be locked. Your moderator may have disabled nightfall votes.

4. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread
regularly if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each
game day) are also available on the Cassandra game page.

5. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

6. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

7. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

8. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

9. Editing a vote post will invalidate the vote and it will not be counted.

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Force Vote Tally' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow Nightfall votes.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow No Lynch votes.

Vote Log Page: http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1741649/votes
Vote Tally Page: http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1741649/tally

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
From the drawer he produced an ancient, creased manila envelope. Leaning back, tilting his important-style chair, he rummaged among the contents of the envelope until he came across what he wanted: the collected, extant data on the Nexus-6.

A moment’s reading vindicated his secretary’s statement; the Nexus-6 did have two trillion constituents plus a choice within a range of ten million possible combinations of cerebral activity. In .45 of a second an android equipped with such a brain structure could assume any one of fourteen basic reaction-postures. Well, no intelligence test would trap such an andy. But then, intelligence tests hadn’t trapped an andy in years, not since the primordial, crude varieties of the 1970s.

The Nexus-6 android types, Rick reflected, surpassed several classes of human specials in terms of intelligence. In other words, androids equipped with the new Nexus-6 brain unit had from a sort of rough, pragmatic, no-nonsense standpoint evolved beyond a major—but inferior—segment of mankind. For better or worse. The servant had in some cases become more adroit than its master. But new scales of achievement, for example the Voigt-Kampff Empathy Test, had emerged as criteria by which to judge. An android, no matter how gifted as to pure intellectual capacity, could make no sense out of the fusion which took place routinely among the followers of Mercerism—an experience which he, and virtually everyone else, including subnormal chickenheads, managed with no difficulty

He had wondered, as had most people at one time or another, precisely why an android bounced helplessly about when confronted by an empathy-measuring test. Empathy, evidently, existed only within the human community, whereas intelligence to some degree could be found throughout every phylum and order including the arachnida. For one thing, the empathic faculty probably required an unimpaired group instinct; a solitary organism, such as a spider, would have no use for it; in fact it would tend to abort a spider’s ability to survive. It would make him conscious of the desire to live on the part of his prey. Hence all predators, even highly developed mammals such as cats, would starve.

Empathy, he once had decided, must be limited to herbivores or anyhow omnivores who could depart from a meat diet. Because, ultimately, the empathic gift blurred the boundaries between hunter and victim, between the successful and the defeated. As in the fusion with Mercer, everyone ascended together or, when the cycle had come to an end, fell together into the trough of the tomb world. Oddly, it resembled a sort of biological insurance, but double-edged. As long as some creature experienced joy, then the condition for all other creatures included a fragment of joy. However, if any living being suffered, then for all the rest the shadow could not be entirely cast off. A herd animal such as man would acquire a higher survival factor through this; an owl or a cobra would be destroyed. Evidently the humanoid robot constituted a solitary predator.

[DAWN]

I will be updating the FAQ post above to reflect the order of operations, as well as including any questions that were asked more than once in modchats.

All N0 orders have been carried out. All D1 chats will be opened as soon as I hit submit on this post. Please ask questions if you have any.

My sincere thanks to all of you for signing up. I hope you enjoy!

You may post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Gonna try something different and vote hug:
[Vote Livia]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhhhh I've never been first before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news, everyone. Since my post in the signup thread dated Oct 3, 2014! ... I've seen this movie! (In 35mm too.) It's been a couple years, though, so I don't actually remember a whole lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my God.
It's Caitlin and she liked one of my posts.

Egecowbfvoegblwg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandria
msg tools
badge
Lexie
mbmbmb
So I may or may not have read the rules, or seen the movie in like 7+ years.

[vote paper] devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be cool. Don't be all, like.... uncool
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
Good news, everyone. Since my post in the signup thread dated Oct 3, 2014! ... I've seen this movie! (In 35mm too.) It's been a couple years, though, so I don't actually remember a whole lot.

Same. We will be "vague memories of Blade Runner" buddies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TigerDoodle wrote:

[vote paper] devil

I have a similar understanding of the rules that I have of the movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Pshaw I can top that. I've never even heard of the movie let alone seen it. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
monogarden wrote:
TigerDoodle wrote:

[vote paper] devil

You know I'm with you here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
And as a similar diatribe: Cassy isn't polling votes right now so meta-votes won't be counted until she returns to normal.

And nice to meet you Buster, is this your first game here? If so, what brought you to this behemoth specifically?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
My favorite movie of all time!

[vote PaperF]

Hey bud! Thanks for filling in on Hi #164!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
monogarden wrote:
TigerDoodle wrote:

[vote paper] devil

[Vote Beren] for causing this situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monogarden wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
monogarden wrote:
TigerDoodle wrote:

[vote paper] devil

Guilty.

But you know what would be even more fun?

A meta run up of stone! And just think! We can do it twice if Cassy comes back and doesn't poll our meta votes.

[vote stone]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
And as a similar diatribe: Cassy isn't polling votes right now so meta-votes won't be counted until she returns to normal.

And nice to meet you Buster, is this your first game here? If so, what brought you to this behemoth specifically?

linguistfromhell wrote:
Buster Friendly is a radio and television personality who regularly denigrates Mercer and Mercerism and is reputed to be a Replicant. He does not count for evil parity, is never viewed as "Replicant", is never "found", and is immune to any night kill actions. He has a sock-puppet account so he can post in-thread; the sock puppet account may vote, but manual votes made against the Buster account do not count (only those merged with Mercer). He wins with evil and has an additional victory condition: he has a one-shot attempt to kill Mercer, which can not be blocked by Bodyguard. He dies instead of his target if he targets someone who is not Mercer.

blushblushblush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
monogarden wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
monogarden wrote:
TigerDoodle wrote:

[vote paper] devil

I do seem to remember agreeing to help free up your schedule for this game in particular on D1 though Mono. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:

Hey Nol

It's one of the movies I love the most. And in my fav movies list the only non comedy. So I have to ask : what do you do if you're in the desert and find a turtle on its back?

Nice to see you.

[vote Ljtrigirl]
a meta vote but because she is too good at this not to poke and I'd like to satisfy myself she is good before we go much further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandria
msg tools
badge
Lexie
mbmbmb
Amaroq81 wrote:
My favorite movie of all time!

[vote PaperF]

Hey bud! Thanks for filling in on Hi #164!

What am I, chopped liver?!
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never heard of this movie or read this book. I just really like Ling games and games with chats.

Speaking of chats!

Bring 'em. All of them! I want every single view, chat target, etc.

I considered becoming a follower of Mercer on N0 at the chance to have a chat. Then I thought I'd better ask the thread for advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [182] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.