United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
With even the discussions of a reprint being several years old, is this dead beyond hope?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to say "yes," but...

Let's put it this way: I know that Markus is still actively working on the re-issue of Solomon Sea (I know this because I occasionally help him with testing). And just to be clear, the re-issue is going to much more than just a straight up reprint -- there are going to be a number of new scenarios (and an integrated campaign mode to link all the scenarios together). Markus already has a publisher lined up and everything is more-or-less ready to go just as soon as he finishes designing/developing the game.

The issue (and I hate to say this because I'm sure he'll take exception to my saying it) is that Markus is something of a completist and perfectionist. Every time he finds a book or historical document that has information he wasn't aware of previously, he feels compelled to go back and re-work everything he's already done on the re-design in order incorporate the new data. This mean that the good news is that once the game is published it really will be the definitive study on the campaign; the bad news is that it's probably going to be a loooooooooong time before he feels the game is finally ready to go to press.

In closing: be patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Day
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the update Lance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Suwanda
Switzerland
Uznach
SG
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is some hope!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirin_9JG54 wrote:
There is some hope!

Absolutely. Just don't hold your breath whilst waiting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hoping a reprint isn't too far in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike costante
United States
scotch plains
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I created my own version using 1/6000 ships and 1/1200 planes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.