Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scottie Mick
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm trying to come up with interesting ways of using Mercs in the game. Part of me feels like if a player chooses a Merc instead of an in-faction Hero, there should be a cost.

Anyone play with house rules regarding Mercs?

I was thinking maybe that their first coin goes back to the bank when they earn it, as a price to pay for them being hired. Or maybe that the opposing team can pay 2 coins to remove a coin from the Merc's sheet, sort of a way to show that the Merc works for whoever pays more (even if very temporarily).

I don't know, these are all preliminary ideas, thought I'd see if anyone plays with any special drafting or gameplay rules when it comes to the factionless of the high seas lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer explains in one of his podcasts why he did away with any restrictions you what faction or hero type you could use. Look for the first one that has Second Tide as the subject
http://michaelshinall.podomatic.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.