flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of
* Evolution
* Evolution + Flight
* Evolution: Climate
* Evolution: The Beginning

... I already picked up Climate as the thematically most appealing, but was wondering if I should consider getting one of the other options as well. I've read some comments saying The Beginning makes the most strategic 2-player game... would like to see some further elaboration on why, and if this is a widely held opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't say The Beginning is the most strategic version out of those 4 games. It the lightest of the 4 games mentioned, but it is deceptively deep when played as a 2-player game. I would get The Beginning if you expect to introduce it to a lot of people. It is an amazing simple game to teach compared to the other options.

As for deepest strategy at 2-players... I can't say I have a strong opinion on the matter since most of my 2-player games for Evolution took place over two years ago whereas I played a lot of 2-player The Beginning just this past summer.

If I had to venture a guess I'd say CLIMATE or Flight is probably the deepest 2-player experience with Evolution and The Beginning coming in fairly closely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.