Subject: Utopia - Browser List Builder rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Peters
msg tools
UTOPIA Fleet Builder And Set Viewer

Link To the Site, NO Download Required
<><><><><><>
http://kfnexus.github.io/staw-utopia/index.html#eyJzaGlwcyI6...
<><><><><><>

I am Christopher, a passionate fan of both Star Trek and Attack Wing. This program was originally posted by a user of the name of Comatose but had been abandoned some time ago. As I absolutely loved Utopia I just could not let it go so I, along with a few others have been working to keep it updated and functional.

This has a number of features to make building and saving lists easier. For one its drag-n-drop nature allows for easy use both mobile and desktop. There are also two ways to access your list quickly. One is a complete list of every card in your build accessible with a click of the "Export" tab. And optionally by checking the "Include Expansion Name", you can know where that card came from.

And my favorite, by copy and pasting the URL of Utopia, allows you to post a link to your build to show your friends.

The panel on the left makes searching for a card MUCH easier as you have the ability to sort by things like; Faction, Type of card, Cost, and by name or keyword. All by clicking on the "Advance" tab. Also you can mark what sets you own so you only have to sort through what you have. This list is saved in your browser cache as a cookie and can be removed by clearing your History.

The program also has some Javascript features available to keep track of points, Captain Skill, And adding more cards to a ship.

Hope you will use and enjoy this tool. We work hard to keep everything up to date but we are human so we can make mistakes. If you see one please post it on this thread and It can be fixed asap. If you have experience in Java and JS and are interested in helping please send me a PM. Some of the Newest cards are proving challenging to implement.

>>>This Is up to date to the Card Pack Wave 1 and Prize from the "Chronological Chaos" OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1, here

This has LONG been my favorite STAW builder - mostly because it works such a dream on Surface tablets, with that whole 'drag and drop' thing. Fantastic UI, and I do worry about what happened to comatose...

Still, you've done AMAZING work keeping it up-to-date, for which everyone I know is MASSIVELY grateful! STAW wouldn't be a thing, today, if not for your updates on Utopia (IMHO)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Lee
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you so much for the hard work everyone puts in on Utopia. I spend more time with it, than I do with the models most of the time. Really helpful for throwing a quick fleet together for casual play or really agonizing over your build for an OP.

Great Work! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pantner
Australia
flag msg tools
Being someone that refuses to buy an "iDevice" and not really liking many Droid devices, Utopia is my only option. (No Spacedock for me!)

I am forever thankful that it is so up to date and works so well.

Thank you so much!

One question, are you looking at building in support for the Fleet Commander resource?
I know it's a weird/tricky one, but it would be handy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peters
msg tools
pantner wrote:
Being someone that refuses to buy an "iDevice" and not really liking many Droid devices, Utopia is my only option. (No Spacedock for me!)

I am forever thankful that it is so up to date and works so well.

Thank you so much!

One question, are you looking at building in support for the Fleet Commander resource?
I know it's a weird/tricky one, but it would be handy

That is one of the main ones I am working on. Unfortunately, my understanding of JS is not the greatest. Actually, this project is the main reason I am learning programming.

Unfortunately Comatoes did not write any comments in his files so I end up manually mining the files to try to pick up on regular patterns. I am an insomniac with obsession issues so I will be burning the midnight candle continuing on getting that to work. After two months of trial and error, I feel I am getting close.

For fleet commander I am trying to get the resource to trigger in the same was as an admiral class, but for it to be a captain instead and then close the other ships slots once it is filled. The added part of the Captain Skill will probably be easiest to just add +1 to each captain. The Hull or Shield choice on the other hand, is a problem I will address when I get to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Plummer
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I don't know if you are aware, but the Xindi Particle Beam Weapon is not costing correctly. I understand if it is too difficult to code, but wanted to ensure you knew about it.(it should cost equal to the Primary Weapon Value of the ship it is assigned to.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a "like to have" not important at all, but having it download into a Wizkids format fleet list...

Its unnecessary to be fair, especially as it would be a pain to incorporate builds with lots of upgrades that don't fit into one ship build space on the form....

Nicely done! Thanks for the time and effort for making such a useful resource!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joerg Sterner
Austria
Vienna
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xindi Particle Beam Weapon has been fixed - should now display both the cost and the attack value according to the ship it is attached to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Plummer
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
SOme additional small issues:
Improved Hull is not costing correctly
the Xindi Elite Talent "Thalen" is not providing a weapon slot, nor is it discounting weapons placed in said slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joerg Sterner
Austria
Vienna
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to look at the recently added cards, since the non-repaints all seem to lack the underlying code to do the right calculations, possibly this upcoming weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Plummer
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Typos found:
Federation aft phase cannon: "Disable this cad"

New Picard 8 (from the Yesterday's Enterprise ENT-D)is not taking sp off for upgrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peters
msg tools
http://kfnexus.github.io/staw-utopia/set-viewer.html#72300p

Cards for the Drive OP are now available. If anyone can get me the co-pilot resource text I would be much obliged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
Scotland
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the Delta Flyer is lacking her 2nd tech slot.

Co-Pilot Resource curtosy of Chris Hooper from facebook discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Lee
msg tools
mbmbmb
Dracomax wrote:
Typos found:
Federation aft phase cannon: "Disable this cad"

New Picard 8 (from the Yesterday's Enterprise ENT-D)is not taking sp off for upgrades.

Maybe the writers of that one are just from Boston.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peters
msg tools
Typheron wrote:

Added another Tech Slot to the Delta 2 and thank you very much for the co-pilot pic. THIS is a resource that I look forward greatly to using.

http://kfnexus.github.io/staw-utopia/set-viewer.html#72300r

I am currently working on a to do list on GIT for what still need fixing. And after MONTHS of trying I am starting to feel I am not smart enough to learn Javascript. I will keep trying but it is frustrating trying to cobble together unfamiliar code and have it not responding.

Dont worry though I have learned how to do this on my personal server at home so no longer will I accidently break Utopia when learning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pantner
Australia
flag msg tools
CrazyVulcan wrote:
Typheron wrote:

Added another Tech Slot to the Delta 2 and thank you very much for the co-pilot pic. THIS is a resource that I look forward greatly to using.

http://kfnexus.github.io/staw-utopia/set-viewer.html#72300r

I am currently working on a to do list on GIT for what still need fixing. And after MONTHS of trying I am starting to feel I am not smart enough to learn Javascript. I will keep trying but it is frustrating trying to cobble together unfamiliar code and have it not responding.

Dont worry though I have learned how to do this on my personal server at home so no longer will I accidently break Utopia when learning.

Hey, do you have a way for us to submit "bugs"? (ie, just noticed that the Picard from the Yesterday's Enterprise prize doesn't apply the discounts correctly.)

plus, i would be willing to help if you want some. I'm not an expert at JS, but am no slouch either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joerg Sterner
Austria
Vienna
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bugs and feature requests can be submitted on the GitHub page of the project: https://github.com/KFNEXUS/KFNEXUS.github.io/issues

Also all help is welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Grossen

Pueblo
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is amazing. You're amazing.
I didn't know Utopia was up to date! (I last heard about it in Jan.)
I will be using this!
Also, no java know-how, but I do have limited photoshop experience; if I can do anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peters
msg tools
https://github.com/KFNEXUS/KFNEXUS.github.io/issues/27

Hello all this is a call to arms as around August there will be a crap ton of changes that will need to be made to Utopia to keep in line with the updating game. Wizkids is now removing confusing text, replacing it with a number of new Icons. The art for the icons is easily done, the changes needed for the eretta to many cards is a little less easily done. We are looking for those knowledgeable with CSS, JSON, and Javascript to chip in.

I dont know how much will need to be changed but the data.json alone will need a lot of rewriting based on how much they fix and also to bring everything in line with the new format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peters
msg tools
http://kfnexus.github.io/staw-utopia/set-viewer.html

The new cards are missing some graphics but I have Wave 1 of the card packs up as well as the prize for chronological chaos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.