Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a FAQ at the site where you can download the campaign, and there are quite a few topics here you can read. The manual itself gives you some ideas about ships and quantities...
Quote:
Each player will need an X-wing or Y-wing.
For Imperial forces, you will need approximately
2 TIE Fighters per player, 1
of each other TIE for every 2 players, and
typically only 1 of each large or huge ship
as they are used as allies, mission objectives,
or elite enemies.

If you search for HotAC that's a fairly standard abbreviation here and elsewhere. You're in for a real treat: the campaign is fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Schmidt
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my list:

TIE Fighter - 9
TIE Interceptor - 6
TIE Bomber - 2 (+1 Tie Punisher)
TIE Advanced - 1
TIE Defender - 1
TIE Phantom - 3
Lambda Shuttle - 2
VT-49 Decimator - 1
HWK-290 - 1
Y-Wing - 3
X-Wing - 5
A-Wing - 3
B-Wing - 3
YT-1300 - 2
GR-75 Transport - 1
CR-90 - 1

I have found with this list we still need to proxy Tie's. Should get the Imperial Veterans for the Bomber/Defender.

Of course, I have been collecting these since 2012, I wouldn't want to get this list all at once. Also, I have been buying ships from ebay without the upgrade cards, that's how I got 3 Phantoms. Only 1 was a full pack, the other 2 were $7.50 each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also a Facebook group for HotAC that includes the creator. They are pretty active for responding.

My podcast also did a few episodes talking about it and an interview with the creator.

If you want more conversation here, you have to go to the VARIANTS sub forum as some people here don't consider it real X-wing enough. I'm sure this conversation will get moved there. That way you can get about 2 people to respond to you in that sub forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ehmschmidt wrote:
I wouldn't want to get this list all at once.

Butbutbut...why not? I did. whistle

OK, I took advantage of the holidays Black Friday sales to cut the expense, but it was still frightening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found an Imperial collection on eBay that I purchased for around $7 / ship. That tripled my collection of TIE fighters and filled out what I needed for Phantoms and other stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is kind of weird, but having played you may not need too much. I'd say 4 tie fighters and 2 of every other small imperial ship in the Aturi game - bomber, phantom, advanced, interceptor. You'll of course need a decimator, shuttle, hawk, falcon, Rebel Transport, and I think I'm probably forgetting something too. Plus whatever ship you want to fly for the rebels, and whatever ship you may want to upgrade to.

We've found that if you look through a mission and it needs ships dropped later, you may not need every single ship immediately.

For example, mission "Capture Officer Part 1" on page 68 for 1 person:
Setup - 1 Lambda shuttle and 1 tie fighter
Turn 2 - 1 tie advanced
Turn 4 - 1 tie fighter
Turn 8 - 1 tie Fighter
Turn 11 - 1 Tie interceptor

Realistically I don't think you'd need more than 2 tie fighters for this mission for 1 player, figuring that you will probably kill 1 of them before the 3rd would show up on turn 8. You may actually only need 1 tie fighter total. You of course would still need the Lambda, advanced, and interceptor.

We have also found we tend to "stand in" ships for others. Like interceptors in place of defenders when there are no interceptors on the board. Or even painted ships for something random. Just so long as they are different and you can recognize what you're after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
4stephen wrote:

I recently discovered this amazing fan campaign and I was wondering if those of you who have played it can help me please.

I am trying to figure out what (and how many) Imperial and Rebel ships I need to play a one person game. I did some research and unfortunately there is no clear answer as to what I need to get started.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

My attempt at onboarding people in v0.7 documents is a bit weak, but thankfully the number of responses you got here speaks volumes about the community that's built up around HotAC.

For what it's worth, you might also check the official FAQ:
http://dockingbay416.com/campaign/faq/#General

The Facebook group is also pretty good - lots of very helpful players on there too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.