10 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Wrinkled Board - Worth a replacement? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan W.
Germany
flag msg tools
I just got my brandnew German Scythe from Morning Players (France)
There are some wrinkles on the board and i was wondering if this is eligible for a replacement as the game cost quite a bit of money. your thoughts? @jameystegmaier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb

Here's the link to SMGames replacement help.
https://stonemaiergames.com/about/replacement-parts/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan W.
Germany
flag msg tools
Do you think it is eligible for replacement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For an $80 game? Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jnkstry wrote:

Absolutely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really, the only thing was preface replacement parts with (you can see it on the page) is, "For you, does this detract from the experience of playing Scythe?" If your answer is yes, by all means, fill out the form. The MSRP of the game is entirely irrelevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnkstry wrote:

You have to ask? Absolutely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunter T├Ątte
Estonia
Tartu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
jnkstry wrote:

You have to ask? Absolutely.

Just for the record, I don't think this board should be replaced. Even if the wrinkle would have been large enough to be seen without macro photography, I would still say that if you have to ask other people if something is eligible for replacement, then it isn't (or at least shouldn't be).

I also agree with Jamey on the part that MSRP isn't a factor when deciding if something needs to be replaced. Hell, I'd even expect games with higher MSRP to have more tiny errors because they usually have more pieces and therefore the chance of one piece being erroneous increases.

I'm sorry for my tone but I'm just scared that this entitlement for picture-perfect components will get more popular if everyone just nods along in these threads. We have to remind ourselves that board games are being produced as games not as luxurious collectibles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we will agree to disagree on both the answer and the attitude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kunter wrote:
I'm just scared that this entitlement for picture-perfect components will get more popular if everyone just nods along in these threads. We have to remind ourselves that board games are being produced as games not as luxurious collectibles.

Entitlement? If you were talking about a trashy $20 game I bought at Target, I might agree that expectations should be limited. But at this price point, people should be getting components that don't have obvious flaws. And, as Jamie said, the criteria is whether or not it interferes with someone's enjoyment of the game.

Looking at the pictures, I would hardly call the OP a whiner, that was really pretty defective. But I guess your mileage varies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.