Morels» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pan Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Castrigano
msg tools
mb
What are they for?
I've watched a few play through a and no one uses them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Life is not a game - games are life.
badge
You learn more about a person in an hour of gaming than you do in a year of conversation.
mbmbmbmbmb
They function just like the Pan cards and each player starts with one. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which I found a little flimsy, so I just created two extra pan cards, sleeved them, and I set aside the pans in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
loopdojo wrote:
What are they for?
I've watched a few play through a and no one uses them.

The one germane difference between a pan card and a pan token is that the latter does not take up a precious slot in your hand. So it's always the better move to cook mushrooms using a pan card, if you have one at your disposal.

That would be why you rarely see the pan tokens used. I would say I typically end up using mine, but not until toward the very end of the game when I'm hustling to get in that last batch or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules (with my highlight):

Pans

A player cannot cook mushrooms without an available Pan. Each player begins the game with 1 Pan token in his/her play area, which plays the same as a Pan card and is ready for mushroom cooking at will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Gomez
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I am not mistaken, the "Fungi" version of Morels does not have any tokens at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim S.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like the pan tokens really serve no purpose, but they're such a cute little component you just want to include them somehow. They were one of the things that attracted me to this game, but yeah, once you get going you can just leave them out. I wish they were more critical.

(Great game though!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.