Orion Szathmary
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Fellow Gamers, I bought a copy of Dominion on Amazon.ca (Canadian site) from Rarewaves-Ca, one of the top 50 sellers on the site.

I'm attaching some pictures now of what I received and I'm hoping you can help me determine if it's a knock off.

I saw a Reddit post with images almost identical to mine being identified as fake. And then I saw the that you can order rips of the game off Alibaba for $8 a pop.

So, is this a legit copy of Dmonion? For example, notice the slab font style on the card label... is that standard? The box has a matte finish, no gloss and rules and a little washed out... normal?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm I can't tell. It's compounded by the fact I'm not sure what edition this is nor the difference between the editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Looks like it's this version. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1328201/did-i-get-knockoff-...

I think the conclusion was that it's not fake, it's just a messed up run from Hasbro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.