Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is available for pre-order with free shipping.

As for when it might be delivered ?????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there will be a PDF download. Some of us paid for a printed compendium as part of the strategic resupply KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
4stephen wrote:

I'm a senior so I am hoping DPG gets this done before God calls me from this good earth.

lol

I hope that is HIGH SCHOOL senior otherwise I hope you have an entry in your Last Will and Testament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:

Um... the same place they announced the pre-order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4stephen wrote:
I guess DPG won't be giving us HoN owners a "free" update to the rules.

Woah. This is news. Where did you see that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
checkedout wrote:
4stephen wrote:

I'm a senior so I am hoping DPG gets this done before God calls me from this good earth.

lol

I hope that is HIGH SCHOOL senior otherwise I hope you have an entry in your Last Will and Testament.

Even then... Human lifetimes are but ephemeral moments to The Great Old Ones at DPG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hendrycks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has it been confirmed if the new rules will be available as a PDf? They should be. It'll cost 75 Canadian to get and that is way too expensive for a set of rules. I had high hopes of this compendium saving my faith in this game and company but at that price I can buy two whole new games.

I really hope the company offers complimentary downloads to customer with proof of purchase, they owe it to them considering the errata and horrible rules they originally sent with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4stephen wrote:
Nostradunwhich wrote:
4stephen wrote:
I guess DPG won't be giving us HoN owners a "free" update to the rules.

Woah. This is news. Where did you see that?

I was reacting to the comment that you have to pre-order (therefore buy) the Compendium.

It would make sense to have to pay for a hardcover but less so for a PDF copy (or at least at a much lower price).

Ok, you jumped to a conclusion, which is your perogative. That explains why the statement did not match any of DPG's past actions. I had thought you had seen some uncharacteristic post somewhere. Had me worried for a minute.

First of all, how does a pre-order for a hard-cover, bound, slip-cased, special edition equate to "they won't make the PDF available"? If DPG was the sort of company to keep rules text back if a print version was available then why would v1.2b be available when you can buy it in the core game?

DPG has certainly shown no avoidance of downloadable material. The Civilians Under Fire and Game Help sheets that are in the Compendium package are ALREADY available for download from DPG's site. So is the current rules (v1.2b). Heck, DPG released a preview of the WIP of the compendium to take comments from customers. Granted, that last is outdated and is no longer available, but it hardly shows an unwillingness to make the rules available.

Given all of that, I must admit that personally I find the jump to "no free update" hard to understand.

I will say that I do not expect the PDF to be available the same day as the compendium, but that has more to do with the small number of people working at DPG and the pile of work on everyone's desk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FutureProdigy wrote:
I really hope the company offers complimentary downloads to customer with proof of purchase, they owe it to them considering the errata and horrible rules they originally sent with [the game]

You can download v1.2b of the rules right now from DPG's website. It has been available for a long time and is (at least currently) the latest edition of the rules. Once the Compendium is released the "latest version" will then be v2.0, but that is still a few months away.

While you are there you might want to look through the downloads section for all the "Game Help" articles which include the rules for minefields, some new terrrain types, craters, and some other stuff. Those PDFs even have print-and-play tokens and terrain overlays you can add to your game.

Also pick up some new scenarios to play, and perhaps the church and manor house terrain print-and-play while you are there. If you bought the blister-packed expansions, then there are PDFs with rules and scenarios for those as well.

Oh, and you don't need "proof of purchase" to get any of that. You do have to register on their website, but that is it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nostradunwhich wrote:
martimer wrote:

"June" is not very definitive - Is that Wave 2 or pre-order shipping or retail release? Early June, late June?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Nostradunwhich wrote:
martimer wrote:

"June" is not very definitive - Is that Wave 2 or pre-order shipping or retail release? Early June, late June?

You might want to consider checking out the pre-order in the webstore, whose link you can find from the News story.

[Edited to fix spelling]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nostradunwhich wrote:
martimer wrote:
Nostradunwhich wrote:
martimer wrote:

You might want to consider checking out the pre-order in the webstore, whose link you can find from the News story.

[Edited to fix spelling]
Ooooh, right there in the pre-order box! I scrolled to the text. Thanks.

For the other dumbasses following this: "Estimated shipping, June 30th 2017". Whatever that means. It is actually meaningless to me because I ordered with the Strategic Reserves KS campaign and I still do not know when/if Wave 2 ships. But if you want it maybe in July, go ahead and pre-order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also missed it the first time through, so you are not alone!

I have no concrete info on this, but I suspect the "free shipping" part is that the extra copies will ship with the KS pledges to the fulfillment centers. However that is ONLY supposition on my part but it makes sense in the context.

If I am right, then you have a "target" for the Wave 2 as well. Of course, that is assuming that everything goes as planned. Anyone who followed the Kharnage KS and read about the cargo container arriving without the Kharnage stuff in it will know full well that DPG is cursed

That is the primary reason that DPG does not give concrete dates -- no matter what they do something always goes wrong. And all the disclaimers (including this one I suspect) get forgotten when something happens and people start yelling.

"Stuff Happens" is the main reason that most release dates don't get more specific than a quarter year until the stuff is on its way to the distributors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Tolman
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a tangential question: in the 1.2 rules, it has the rules for smoke templates, but I don't have any smoke templates. Where can they be found? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are in one of the Army boxes and Shadows over Normandie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Andrews
Wales
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Update from Axel regarding the Compendium PDF, I asked in one of the public product enquiry boxes:

8/03/2017 at 23:54, Craig Andrews said :

Hi, will the compendium be released as a pdf? Thanks

10/03/2017 at 14:14, Axel said :

Currently no, but we are minding for a downloadable product to buy. The rule files (core box, army box, etc.) will be upgraded this Spring (and always downloadable for free).

So hope this helps people out, I'll be picking up a copy now whereas I was waiting for the PDF.

Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news. The rules sections are all I need.
I backed both, HoN and SoN, and it would have left a sour taste in my mouth being forced to pay again for a rulebook that should have been in the core game box in the first place.

Dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4stephen wrote:
DarkPadawan wrote:
Great news. The rules sections are all I need.
I backed both, HoN and SoN, and it would have left a sour taste in my mouth being forced to pay again for a rulebook that should have been in the core game box in the first place.

Dark.

You did see the text that said the Compendium is NOT for free, right (unless you backed the Resupply)?

No, he did not. But you apparently missed the part where Axel stated:
Quote:
The rule files (core box, army box, etc.) will be upgraded this Spring (and always downloadable for free).

That means the rules v2.0 will be available. But the "All in one place" compendium will not. Not surprising to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4stephen wrote:
Thank you Craig for bringing us this update.

I suspected all along that we would not get the Compendium PDF for free, I respect that decision from DPG. In many ways the Compendium is much more than a "mere" rules update so paying for the extra content is proper.

The important part (for me) is the v2.0 rules materials will all be available. This is really good news since the 2.0 rules text is much clearer than the v1.x version, as it has both been edited by 2 excellent rules writers that worked hard to make the rules more understandable (in general) and specifically in English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
June? It was mentioned in the last KS update but I cannot recall the date given and I am also too lazy to look it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.