Subject: Extending the Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Hey Folks,

Wondering if anyone has came up with a balanced way of extending the number of acts for either of the two base scenarios. I enjoy the game, but think it would be fun to have a game run longer, giving time to enjoy the flavor a bit more.

One quick thought I had was to add a certain number of health onto the Villain for every act added.

I should add I play this solo and cooperatively two player.

Any thought's or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you'd need a bigger story deck, for starters. I don't think a simple house-rule or two would cut it.

If you have both of the "Adventure Pack" expansions, you have enough encounter cards to play a three-act game, but you'd need a new scenario with 15 story cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 10 story cards and 4 story events per act. You could try 3 acts with 3 story events.

You may want to try something like this:
- ignore the second or thrid story event trigger on the time track.
- add an unused boss combat token (from another scenario) to the enemies for the third act and for the final boss fight.
- increase the boss' base health with 50%. You can tweak this after a few tries, maybe it's not even needed because of the extra combat token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Magnus
United States
Granville
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm just a soldier. I can't be a leader.
mbmbmbmbmb
I came up with a Simple 6 Act Variant, but it is incomplete, and untested. It is still just an idea at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.