BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Help Identifying Space Boardgame rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Miller
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I think this game was a kickstarter. Played it last year.

Pretty much you had cards and resources.

Pretty sure the ships were cardboard.

You could scout planets, but scouts couldn't fight. You had to follow space paths ( so it wasn't open ) to move ships. You had to build ships from resources and build turrets onto ships with resource and card management. Pretty sure when playing card you had to roll dice for things sometime too.

I think the board was 4 large kind of U shaped tiles. You had to claim planets and could drop turrets on planets to defend them. I think from planets you got gems or something. You're pretty much trying to conquer the other players planets / home bases. I think one of the other win conditions was to move to a "deep space" star or something like that one the board.

It was a 4 player tops game I think. Some of the pieces like the turrets you would need to buy and put onto your ship were kind of small. You could pull some ships back and they would go into a scrapyard.

There was like Your planet at the bottom of your U shape tile, then two outer planets you could travel to. I think you had to play a card or something which would lay out a thin tile with a white line which pretty much said you can travel there. On your each player tile is a planet I think that had no lines to it so you had to do something special to get the "travel" tile to go in between there. The 3 starter worlds I mentioned above already had the travel line defaulted / printed on the board.

Also, when I say U I don't mean like a full U like that but more of a sideways paren (

That's all the information I can remember from the game :S

Anyone have any suggestion on what it might be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweetgotham
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I saw pale kings and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried—‘La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!’
mbmbmbmbmb

Like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Miller
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Thanks for replying! It was a bit bigger than that and less colourful.

The player mat for handling ships and resources was kind of complicated with the salvage sqaure and all that jazz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McGee
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Click to view this user's profile.
badge
Uncertainty and Innovation
mbmbmbmbmb
My first guess is StelCon: Infinity.

If it's not that, my only other guess is Asking for Trobils, just based on the board, but I really don't think that's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweetgotham
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I saw pale kings and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried—‘La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!’
mbmbmbmbmb

Doing my best going though this list Crowdfunding: Kickstarter
soooooo many KS games shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Miller
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
StelCon: Infinity

That's ****ing it! I've been looking for this game for a year trying to figure out what it was. I think I was way off on what I remembered :S

Thanks a ton! It doesn't have as good a rating as I hoped, have you played it / can you recommend me something similar / better?

I've only played it once and I enjoyed it when I played it but again, my memory may be up-playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McGee
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Click to view this user's profile.
badge
Uncertainty and Innovation
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy_McGee wrote:
StelCon: Infinity

That's ****ing it! I've been looking for this game for a year trying to figure out what it was. I think I was way off on what I remembered :S

Thanks a ton! It doesn't have as good a rating as I hoped, have you played it / can you recommend me something similar / better?

I've only played it once and I enjoyed it when I played it but again, my memory may be up-playing it.

I have not played it.

As far as ratings go, it's got few enough that there's not a consensus yet, and even if there were, I feel like anything over a 6 is certainly worth checking out, especially if it does something I'm particularly interested in.

I'd say that since you had a good time with it, it's probably made for people like you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.