Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Millennium Blades» Forums » Rules

Subject: Set Rotation + mini-expansions, how many sets in Store Deck? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Set Rotation rules say that to offset the extra 24 Core set cards, you should add an extra 1 each of Expansion, Premium, and Master sets. Mini-expansions 2, 3, and 4 together add 24 cards to the Core set, does that mean if you use them you should 1 of each rarity as well? Does this also mean that if you want to use everything, you add 2 of each, i.e. 7 Expansion, 6 Premium, and 5 Master sets?

e: Also, the rules the 4-boss super game says to reset the Store Deck with 5/4/3 sets. Should that say 6/5/4, or maybe 7/6/5?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not think the mini expansions add any cards to the core sets? I could be wrong (I remember it mostly being promo sets and two new characters). But it shouldn't change any rules. No rules have been updated. Until they are, I'd assume the latest version from set rotation is still accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mini-expansion 2 has the 2 Resistor and 4 Dragon Punch cards, which have the Core set back, 3 has 12 Core deckboxes, and 4 has 6 Core accessories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough! I opened and sleeved everything in such a blur.

I do think its a good question. My sensability it to stick with the set rotation setup because that's the current rules. But because they explained the reasons why, I could see that as sort of an incentive for an updated official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like the suggestion for extra sets was taking into account all the extra core set cards, not just the ones from set rotation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan A.Y.
United States
flag msg tools
mb
This question really demands an answer. I own all promo packs and Im waiting for set rotation to come

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
msg tools
To map out all the numbers here.

In the base game there are 118 Core cards. In the base game you added in 12 sets of 12 cards each for a total of 144 cards. That mean the store deck had 262 cards, 45% Core, 55% Set.

Mini Expansions 1,2 added 6 Core cards. That made the store deck 268 cards, 46% Core, 54% Set.

Set Rotation added 25 core cards (because of course the card counts in the instructions are wrong), and said to add 3 more sets, so 36 more set cards. So now the store deck is 329 cards, 45% Core, 55% Set. (Set Rotation introduced cards that made some sets 13 cards instead of 12, but I'm not doing the math to work out the "average store deck", it'll be too small a change. Plus, at this point the percentages have actually moved a fraction of a percent in the store decks favor, the occasional 13th card probably just ends up cancelling that out.)

Mini Expansions 3,4,5 add 18 more Core cards. So now we have a store deck of 347 cards, 48% Core, 52% Set.

So the percentages have changed a bit since the base game, but only a few percent. If you wanted to add another Expansion + Master + Premium set to the game, that would be 36 more Set cards. Store deck would be 383 cards big, 44% Core, 56% Set. Which is closer to the original distribution. But at the same time, you've also diluted the individual sets a good deal from how it works in the base game. That's something to keep in mind too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.