Subject: Rotting paddies question, and spirits #12, #16 and #29 question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game of this today and we encountered a few cards that we had to houserule for the game as we couldn't find details on them, also I just want to make sure I understood this correctly in the rules.

When you let a paddy rot, do you clear out everything before the "water in" phase or at the end of the round? Just wondering if I can let a paddy rot to clear out pests and weeds and then plant new rice.

The Spirit card #16 "Soil Blessing" if you choose the Plant 1 paddy, does it have to be a 1 hex paddy? If not, will it automatically plant in the whole larger hex paddy or just one plant in the larger hex?

The Spirit card #12 "Expanding Farm" can you intentionally choose a hex that will require a lot of walls (as long as it's connected via a gate)?

The Spirit card #29 "Fast Growth" does this mean this happens when you resolve the spirit cards or as you plant them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for playing!

Rotted paddies are cleared during the harvest step before "water in".

#16 - No, you may plant all the hexes in one paddy of any size.

#12 - Yes.

#29 - It happens when the spirit cards are resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, we did interpret #16 correctly then, lol. I kinda hoped we hadn't cause he seriously wrecked me in this game. Probably helped a lot as well that he managed to get 5 achievements to my 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave E

Florida
msg tools
mb
Also remember that gates can be moved as long as it doesn't change how things flow. I.e. if you build a paddy and say, put the gate at the top of it, but want to add the 1 hex paddy to the bottom with a spirit, that's okay and you can move the gate, so long as it doesn't change how water flows into any other paddies.

Once a paddy exists "downhill" from another paddy is when the gates cannot be moved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Already knew that one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.