Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Concept» Forums » General

Subject: Does anyone else have problems with the cube colors being too similar? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Mero
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got the game and we enjoy it quite a bit but we often have a problem with telling the colored cubes apart at a glance because they look so similar.

I searched for other threads about it but I couldn't find any so maybe I got a bad batch. Let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Does anyone else have problem with the cube colors?
It's really difficult for me to tell the black and green ones apart. For that reason we don't use the black ones at all. We don't usually need all of the colors anyways.

No real problems with the other colors, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
as a colorblind gamer - yes, they are awful. I thought about painting one or two of the exclamation points and replacing the plastic cubes with wooden ones that match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without bright lights and excellent vision the blue and green are far too similar to differentiate easily, especially from across the table.

For a game that is built on design it is surprising that they fumbled such an important part of the play mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.