Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

My GF and I are now 7 missions into the game and her Brute seems to slowly near his retirement. Our characters are both Level 3 at this point.

One thing is bothering us though: we have so far only accumulated two increases of Prosperity, meaning that we are three Prosperity steps away from reaching Level 2 for Gloomhaven.

So when my GFs Brute will retire in a few missions and we still haven't increased the towns' Prosperity, my Mindthief will be Level 4+ and her new character will have to start at Level 1, which is a bit concerning to her.

Without spoiling me, will there be some proper Prosperity gains in the near future for us or is our town unwilling to raise in Level?

(Yes, we know that the town gains 1 Prosperity when a character retires, but then we would still be 2 points off Prosperity Level 2.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Laurin
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prosperity level and pacing
Slow Trickle of Prosperity
How fast are you seeing prosperity bumps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary G
United States
New London
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Donate to the Sanctuary of the Great Oak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
reshurc wrote:
Donate to the Sanctuary of the Great Oak.

Bit of a spoiler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"without spoiling me, tell me what is going to happen"

uh, isn't telling someone what is going to happen pretty much the definition of spoiling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nyles Breecher
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I wouldn't worry about having a level 1 and level 4. The game works well with inequity in levels. In fact, I find playing characters from level 1 to be a bit more rewarding vs. starting higher leveled already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
My non-spoilery advice: Don't worry too much about it. Even if she starts a new character at level 1 and yours is at 5, your average level will be 3, half of that rounded up takes you to Scenario Level 2. It'll be a little tough for her, but it's not insurmountable.

If it does seem like she can't keep up, you can optionally start a new character before retiring your Mindthief. If it's just you two playing, you should still have four more to choose from after she starts her new character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.