Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read a lot on here about 'grail games'- games that a person wants quite a lot but are rare or expensive. So my question is- What's your current grail game and why do you want that game so much?

I do, of course, have my own- currently it's The Mushroom Eaters because I've never seen anything like it... and I grew up in the sixties so it looks very reminicent of my salad days. (No, before you ask, I don't do drugs and never have.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Smith
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still Blue Moon City, but I think Stone Age is now out of print-ish so that'd be my 2nd. Also Agricola expansion decks laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gryffindor wrote:
Still Blue Moon City, but I think Stone Age is now out of print-ish so that'd be my 2nd. Also Agricola expansion decks laugh

Why Blue Moon City?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
The same designer as The Mushroom Eaters, After Pablo.

I considered The Mushroom Eaters, on finding its page, but decided against wanting it since it sounded like there's not much control nor replayability. If it was re-loadable like Time Stories, I might go for it. But as a one-time activity, it's too big and costly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I am running out of true grails, as I've gotten over the last few years the biggest chunk of them. But Magic Realm still alludes me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Ackerman
United States
Stevenson Ranch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warhammer Quest

I love dungeon crawls and this one is extremely hard to find. I'm most intrigued by the additional roleplay elements booklet in the base game.

I also want Magic Realm, but would probably never play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnalyzerOfGames wrote:
The same designer as The Mushroom Eaters, After Pablo.

I considered The Mushroom Eaters, on finding its page, but decided against wanting it since it sounded like there's not much control nor replayability. If it was re-loadable like Time Stories, I might go for it. But as a one-time activity, it's too big and costly.

Hum, and they did Cave Evil too... wish they would reprint everything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Knight
United States
Upper Valley
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rutherford82 wrote:
Warhammer Quest

I love dungeon crawls and this one is extremely hard to find. I'm most intrigued by the additional roleplay elements booklet in the base game.

Still my favourite, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Smith
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wren08 wrote:
Gryffindor wrote:

Why Blue Moon City?

I have no idea! It's the first game that I heard whispers of when I got into the hobby, and when I saw its funky art...ah it just captured my imagination. I really like the concept of building the structures, and how at first the city is pretty much a blue print. Also I've become a Knizia fan since then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glory to Rome: black box

I just love the graphic design but I won't pay such a high price. I still haven't played my copy of mottainai.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Key Market

A heavy Euro in the Key series. 'Nuff said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
rutherford82 wrote:
Warhammer Quest

https://www.amazon.com/Warhammer-Quest-Adventure-Card-Game/d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want a tabernacle at pendral vale magic card. It's the rarest/most played card I don't own.

And I want a crokinole board, which isn't hard to find but is a bit of an investment. I think my girlfriend and I will really like it but muzzies isn't taking orders right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gryffindor wrote:
wren08 wrote:
Gryffindor wrote:
Still Blue Moon City, but I think Stone Age is now out of print-ish so that'd be my 2nd. Also Agricola expansion decks :laugh:

Why Blue Moon City?

I have no idea! It's the first game that I heard whispers of when I got into the hobby, and when I saw its funky art...ah it just captured my imagination. I really like the concept of building the structures, and how at first the city is pretty much a blue print. Also I've become a Knizia fan since then :)

Dang now you're bumming me out! Because I won a charity auction on here a few years ago and sent my dragons to be painted but the dude never sent them back (I don't think it was intentional, he was just a flake).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Magic: The Gathering Alpha Black Lotus.

Pretty hard to find under $10,000 USD in any condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Smith
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AstroLad wrote:
Gryffindor wrote:
wren08 wrote:
Gryffindor wrote:

Why Blue Moon City?

I have no idea! It's the first game that I heard whispers of when I got into the hobby, and when I saw its funky art...ah it just captured my imagination. I really like the concept of building the structures, and how at first the city is pretty much a blue print. Also I've become a Knizia fan since then

Dang now you're bumming me out! Because I won a charity auction on here a few years ago and sent my dragons to be painted but the dude never sent them back (I don't think it was intentional, he was just a flake).

That is awful, was it a BGG auction where you could maybe get a moderator to investigate...

So sorry, jeez that's crooked!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gryffindor wrote:
AstroLad wrote:
Gryffindor wrote:
wren08 wrote:
Gryffindor wrote:
Still Blue Moon City, but I think Stone Age is now out of print-ish so that'd be my 2nd. Also Agricola expansion decks :laugh:

Why Blue Moon City?

I have no idea! It's the first game that I heard whispers of when I got into the hobby, and when I saw its funky art...ah it just captured my imagination. I really like the concept of building the structures, and how at first the city is pretty much a blue print. Also I've become a Knizia fan since then :)

That is awful, was it a BGG auction where you could maybe get a moderator to investigate...

So sorry, jeez that's crooked!

Yeah it was Vasel auction but they were of course super cool and volunteered to give all the money back etc. totally not a problem. But I digress, the game is definitely wonderful. Fantastic aesthetics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody
United States
Placentia
Select state
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theres a copy of Blue Moon City up for auction right now in the geek auctions. At $80 presently.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/222719
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
AnalyzerOfGames wrote:

Wrong on both counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I've been wanting a copy of High Frontier (3rd edition) since I'd heard of the game but it was OOP. Then the KS ran and my FLGS did a retail order and asked regulars about pre-order interest. Sign me up, I said. And waited. And waited. And waited.

I hear it is finally shipping ... to the distributor. I give at least two more weeks before it casts a lure locally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lautermilch
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Case Blue by MMP Games

It covers German army group south from it's initial invasion to the soviet counterattack at Stalingrad and ending with the German counterattack at Kharkov. A massive game with great complexity and variability. I am sure that MMP will never reprint it so looking at about $500 if I want to pick it up. Oh well I will bite the bullet some day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thormodr wrote:
A Magic: The Gathering Alpha Black Lotus.

Pretty hard to find under $10,000 USD in any condition.

It's not even playable in most formats It can hardly considered a game, more of a speculative investment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me at the moment either Crisis or Apex Theropod Deck-Building Game: Exotic Predators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lallatin
United States
John Day
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tumult which is a Danish retheme of Pelican Cove where you're trying to sit your family around the dinner table. It's available in Europe, but pretty spendy for shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gryffindor wrote:

Stone Age is back in print.

Mine would be The Pillars of the Earth. Played it once, really enjoyed it. Apparently, it is finally being reprinted later this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.