Subject: Hoping for an app rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyson Mertlich
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, I've only played two scenarios of this game so far and I'm loving it. That being said, I'm doing some of it solo and another with a group. I've looked through the files section and there seems to be a lot of good stuff for keeping track of your parties/characters etc. however, if there were an app that could manage that I think it would be super helpful. Unfortunately I don't have app development as a skill, but if somebody who does could make one I'd be super appreciative.

If you were to have an app for this game (and not for the story telling side of it) what would you want to see?

-A party/character management feature allowing you to digitally keep track of all you create.
-The ability to keep track of looted or Unlooted items in scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Smart
Australia
flag msg tools
A flow chat to show which scenarios have been completed, which are open, which have requirements.
Would also like to see them easily sharable online
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Laurin
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PKTyson wrote:
If you were to have an app for this game (and not for the story telling side of it) what would you want to see?

-A party/character management feature allowing you to digitally keep track of all you create.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.and...
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/google-sheets/id842849113?uo...

Seems to have all the features you're after and more! Cloud based so you can share the state with other devices, or even other people in your group with robust view/edit permissioning.

No sarcasm here. "There's an app for that" has a lot to answer for, long live "There's a general purpose solution for that!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I keep wanting to make one, but I'm not trying to spoil the story for myself, so I'm holding off until I finish a campaign. Likely well after everyone else has already finished the game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Espin
United States
Harrison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PKTyson wrote:
So, I've only played two scenarios of this game so far and I'm loving it. That being said, I'm doing some of it solo and another with a group. I've looked through the files section and there seems to be a lot of good stuff for keeping track of your parties/characters etc. however, if there were an app that could manage that I think it would be super helpful. Unfortunately I don't have app development as a skill, but if somebody who does could make one I'd be super appreciative.

So, I am currently working on one that will be party/character management. No plans on looted/unlooted items though. But I am working on one and hoping for it to at least be ready next month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Mertlich
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SolidAsSnake wrote:
PKTyson wrote:

So, I am currently working on one that will be party/character management. No plans on looted/unlooted items though. But I am working on one and hoping for it to at least be ready next month.

That would be great! Will you post information about it on bgg when you're done? I'm very interested in checking it out. I'd much prefer an app to a spreadsheet but if you'll have something in a month I'll make do for now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Espin
United States
Harrison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely will be posting! For now, feel free to keep talking about Gloomhaven though as we plan on features for future iterations. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.