Popular Tags: [View All]
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody have the Gibson Rules scanned ? More precisely the solo and coop rules included ? I have the old version and it would be a blast if I can play it alone as well

Thanks in advance!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased the Hansen Deluxe edition, and its rule book includes co-op and solo in an "alternate methods of play" section. Given how simple they are, I'd be surprised if the Gibson rules are any different, but I did want you to know these are from a different source.

Basically, co-op and solo rules are the same: solve the case in as few clues as possible. Pick a place to go, read its clue, and repeat until you think you have the solution. Played co-op, there's supposed to be a group decision on where to go and everyone can discuss the clues as they're uncovered. There's also a list of rankings based on the number of clues it took to reach the solution:

* 1-5 = Master Detective
* 6-8 = Sleuth
* 9-11 = Detective
* 12 = Gumshoe
* 13 = Scotland Yard Inspector
* 14 = Watson

There is no clarification (in my rule book, at least) on whether playing with a group allows multiple tries or not. That is, if a group thinks they have an answer, one player checks, and it's wrong, can the rest of the group keep playing? Maybe that's for house rules to decide.

I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.