Sean K
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
I'm playing a 3 character campaign with my 2 kids, and we timed it so that we all retired after the same scenario (I just needed to donate 10 more gold to the tree, another needed 2 more cultist kills, and the other just needed both of use to complete our life goals).

We were playing Spellweaver, Scoundrel, and Brute.

They unlocked the Music note and the Sun characters and they are both excited to play them. I unlocked the Saw, and I'm concerned about our damage output as a party if I use it- Saw doesn't have many damage dealing cards, and neither does the Music note. Should I play one of the starting classes we haven't played yet instead (Mindthief, Cragheart, Tinkerer)?

We will be starting at level 3.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, those are probably the three least damaging classes, so I wouldn't recommend playing them all together. I'd probably go Mindthief instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean K
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Thanks for the advice Isaac! My companions are a bit leery of this rat-like creature joining the party, but I'm sure he'll prove his worth!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
Yeah, those are probably the three least damaging classes, so I wouldn't recommend playing them all together. I'd probably go Mindthief instead.

I think that would be a fun trio because(class spoilers)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Between the MT's augments and the SS's songs, that's a party that can adapt to lots of situations. IIRC, the SK can be built for tank/heals. MT can off-tank if need be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Caciolli
Italy
Padua
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Music music music !!!!!!

I love that class (just from seen the cards, not any actual play)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sawbones doesn't really suffer from damage potential, it's just that everything he does is melee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Becerra Aller
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We haven't unlock the music note yet, but all the non-spolier info is that he's a fairly potent support character.

But, having played myself both with the sun and saw, my advice is to build the first to tank and heavy seldom-striker and teh other is a surprinsingly good damage dealer.

More specifically:

Sun:
The sunkeeper needs 100 gold to improve the Shield bonus on "Defensive Stance" ASAP. It's a game change, as you can imagine, to walk around all scenario with Shield 2 on. Equipo him with more tankish stuff, best armor (it has the best armor-wearing perk I've seen so far), shield, etc. He needs some movement improvement, son don't forget striding or better boots.
Game wise, it has to have absolute control over the light element. Always keep the infusing cards and plan how to use the element on the next turn.
IMHO the best uses are his "smite" attacks, gaining both +1 and advantage,
and the one that recovers discarded cards from another char. Use "beacon of light" just before a long rest and you'll have 5 turns of light in a row with all cards in hand

Saw:
It's not my original idea, but it's worth repeating. Base the char on the "recover one spent item" card. Trim the combat deck as much as possible, equip with goggles and, assuming you'r in prosperity 3:
the moon pendant is priceless and the item to recover. Equip longspear and jumping boots to position
Make all the attacks you can with advantage. Vaccine is very useful, as other target-augmenting equipment.
Your goal is to move your deck in order to make the recover card appear, to recover
moon pendant
and start over. Don't keep the bonesaw as a healing bot, other chars know how to care for themselves.
If the SK is tanking, any of the "+1 shield, inmine to conditions" card will be well received indeed. And PLEASE get "Do not Harm" on lvl 4. its bottom action is just amazing, and when the scenario is coming to an end, use the upper one.

The only thing you're going to truly miss is ranged power, so plan ahead against archers and other ranged enemies.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.